“Not as good as previous visits” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nobu Waikiki

Nobu Waikiki
Waikiki Parc Hotel, 2233 Helumoa Rd, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
808-237-6999
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu Waikiki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 1,789 Restaurants in Honolulu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Sydney, Australia
“Not as good as previous visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were very excited to eat at Nobu having eaten previously at Nobu Melbourne. The service was great and the food lovely but we werent blown away. It was no where near as good as Melbourne. The seating was very crowded too, since we dined as a couple either side of us were two more couples and our tables nearly joined. Very frustating as I could hear their conversation as well as my husbands.
I probably wouldnt dine here again when I return to Waikiki.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“We visited three times in 6 nights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife loves Nobu and whilst I am not such a die-hard follower it’s hard to argue with the quality of the food, drink and service that you receive here.
We have a Nobu restaurant in Melbourne but it is completely inferior to this one... in every way.
OK, let’s go through the main points one by one:
1) We come early (5-5.30pm) to take advantage of the cocktail happy hour and to make sure that my 4 year old get fed on time.
2) On this trip we just ate in the bar area everytime (easier to keep my son amused and less intrusive to other customers)
3) The staff were incredibly friendly and courteous and took great pains to make sure that my son was happy and took the effort to engage with him, to which he responded beautifully. By our second visit we were greeted by name when we walked in, and we were asked if we wanted our 'usual'. I felt like Norm walking into Cheers. Flattery does work.
4) The drinks - we relied on the staff to recommend cocktails and with one exception they were all on the money. We especially loved the Blood Orange, Liliko'i Margarita and Peruvian Caipirinha. The by the glass wine was good as well.
5) The food is excellent. We particularly enjoyed the Black Cod Saikyo Miso, Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno, Eggplant with Miso and the Beef Tobanyaki but the highlight was the Kurobuta Pork Belly with Spicy Miso. It was that good we came back three times and we got lots of jealous SMS’s from friends back in Australia when they found out.
Is it expensive? Yes it is, but you've got to live a little haven't you... sometimes you just have to sign the check without paying too much notice to the total… But in saying that I would strongly suggest that you do check the total as sometimes they add a tip to the bill and sometimes they don’t.

Visited March 2013
Nelson, New Zealand
“Yummy but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Every dish we had was excellent. But you need to rob a bank to eat here. We only went as it was a special occasion. Between two people we ate US$140 of food and were still hungry hours later

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Food was impeccable, with service to match! Bit loud if you were choosing to have a quiet romantic dinner for 2, but still a great place for a date! I went with my girlfriends for a celebration, and they accommodated perfectly!

Visited March 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Some of the best food in Waikiki we had during our visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the nicest meals we had during our week in Waikiki. Very good service, our waiter was a good salesman. I've marked it down to 4 out of 5 because of the price - $280 total for 2 people, admittedly I ate a lot of very good food and we had 2 cocktails each but I just felt it was slightly over priced. I guess for $280 I would expect a view or a better atmosphere, not sure what it was but something was missing. Tough one to review because it was my partners favourite meal and she's hard to please being a gluten free vegetarian! Maybe I should have given it 5*...

Visited April 2013