“Great fine Dining” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roy's Waikiki Beach

Roy's Waikiki Beach
226 Lewers Street, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96816 (Waikiki)
(808) 923-7697
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Waikiki Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,913 restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Alberta
“Great fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

We were on our honeymoon and we've always wanted to eat here -- especially after watching "At the table with..." on the food network.

We made ourselves a nice reservation, and we were so happy we did. The environment was amazing, our server was knowledgable and helpful, and best of all... the food was wonderful!!! It really made the dinner experience come together.

You must try the molten hot chocolate soufflet, since it was magical!!! The food was cooked to perfection as everything else was!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
  • Korean first
Chicago
“Best Meal on our honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

So while staying on Waikiki Beach on our honeymoon we were in search of a dinner spot on night 2. We had spent the day at the beach and didn't feel like going all out that night, just wanted a simple dinner. My husband had chosen an italian restaurant near our hotel from the guide book we were referencing during the trip. Upon arrival at the italian place, I was immediately feeling uneasy about the decision. And I was realizing that we'd wind up spending at least $70 on what would probably be a less than mediocre italian meal in Hawaii. So I suggested we walk around a bit and see if any other restaurant grabbed our attention. And within a few blocks we stumbled upon Roy's, which my husband pointed out was a restaurant of one of the Top Chef Masters. Even though the place was going to be a bit more than the italian place, I was comfortable spending a bit more for more authentic "hawaiian" food (its fusion) from a chef featured on one of our favorite shows. It was 7pm and the restaurant was full, so we agreed to sit and order at the bar. The bartender working that night was really helpful about suggesting dishes to order and telling us more about Roy.
We ordered the seafood trio meal as our appetizer, and we both agreed the salmon is hands down the best one of the three, but all three are still very tasty. I ordered a salad for my dinner (which I can't recall the name of, but it had goat cheese and was fabulous), and my husband ordered the macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi (very good, but the salmon was still our favorite). We finished our meal with the pineapple upside down cake which comes with ice cream, and is DELISH!
All in all we spent $125 total (including a 20% tip) and got 1 glass of wine, 2 beers, 2 entrees, 1 salad and 1 dessert and felt this was our BEST meal of our entire honeymoon. And we walked back to our hotel room completely full and happy.
I think if you're going to spend a few nights in the Waikiki area, you should definitely pick this place as your nice dinner out.

Midwest
“Value Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

The restaurant is very busy due to its location alone the Wikiki Hotel and shoping strips. Serivce is excellent and quick. The 3 course tasting menu is a greate value. For the budget conscious, I recommend sharing the appetizer and desert between two people and ordering a stand alone entree. To go all out, have one person order the tasting menue and the second order an appetizer, entree and desert different from those on the tasting menu and share.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
California
“Do you want great asian fusion food?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

Great place for asian fusion type food. Excellent miso fish and chocolate souffle. I would pass on the french onion soup. It was not the usual french onion soup - too salty, not much onions or cheese. Service and atmosphere was great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sacramento, California
“Food was outstanding but noise was deafening!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

The food was wonderful, the service fantastic, the presentation elegant, but I could not hear myself think or talk. We were seated in the main dining room. I guess this is the way most popular restaurants operate, but I was not happy. My advice is to sit at the bar, which my husband says was much quieter. Definitely make a reservation before you go.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere