“Favorite spot in Waikiki” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roy's Waikiki Beach

Roy's Waikiki Beach
226 Lewers Street, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96816 (Waikiki)
(808) 923-7697
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Waikiki Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,975 Restaurants in Honolulu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Neighborhood: Waikiki
San Diego, California
“Favorite spot in Waikiki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Every time we are in Waikiki, we will be here for our first day arrival & the last night in Waikiki. Twice in a trip! How delicious is that!

Their food are delicious. We tried the one in LA, San Diego & Kauai, Maui..... We still love this one in Waikiki.
Staff are very friendly, you will never running out your water or soft drink!
Best buy is their tasting menu. $46 you taste the best from the menu.
Specially, their dessert are the best in Waikiki.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Korean first
“Sophisticated but unpretentious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time dining at Roy's. It is sophisticated dining, sure, but you don't need a dictionary to interpret the menu. The entree tasting plate was lovely. The blackened Ahi and chicken with papaya slaw and sticky rice for mains were beautiful and the caramel banana bread pudding was surprisingly light and all kinds of good. At the pricey end but not overpriced for the quality of the food and service.

• Visited September 2013
Horsham, Pennsylvania
“All-Around Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I visited my son who lives in Honolulu the week before Christmas 2012. My daughter, knowing about my trip, gave us a Roy's gift card as a gift. We were staying a few days at the Ko'olina Resort but opted not to go to the local Roy's. we visited the one in Waikiki. It was phenominal. We were seated quickly having made a reservation earlier that day. We sat outside and it was wonderful. The appetizers, wine and meal was the best! I had the filet mignon and it was so very tender and full of flavor. The service was outstanding. Just an amazing dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Glad to Come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I used to go to Roy's when I lived in Atlanta, but they closed down after a few years. Since then I had been wanting to go back, so when my friend had his birthday party here I was excited for it. It did not miss a beat. I loved the food and went home full and happy.

Visited August 2013
Norcal
“...and the planets aligned.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have been to several Roy's restaurants over the years.... Anaheim, San Diego, San Francisco, Hawaii Kai, Kahana and Kaanapali..... the food has always been consistently good.
While in Waikiki, we made reservations to dine at the Roy's on the Waikiki Beachwalk.
We arrived at the restaurant and were seated within minutes.
They brought us a bowl of edamame lightly seasoned with chili oil.
We started with a salad.... very fresh and just the right amount of dressing so that it did not overpower the greens.
I ordered one of my favorite dishes, the Blackened Island Ahi with Spicy Soy Mustard & Butter Sauces. I have had this dish at most of the Roy's that I have gone to and it is usually very consistent..... but this time it was better than normal. Not sure what it was, the cut of the fish, the balance of the sauces, the perfect way that it was barely seared..... maybe it was all of these and then some.... the planets aligned for perfection!!
We also ordered the Jade Pesto Steamed Monchong in a Chinese Style Sizzling Soy Sauce.... this was also done very well, not overcooked.
Overall, this visit to this particular Roy's was the most enjoyable that I have had.
Now if they could only get it this perfect every time!!!

• Visited July 2013