“Better the 2nd time around!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawaii Food Tours

Hawaii Food Tours
Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Mililani Mauka - Launani Valley)
808-926-3663
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 281 activities in Honolulu
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We just announced our new North Shore Food Tour, friends! It will be a tasty way to see the "country" side of Oahu. You'll love it. Our famous Hole-In-The-Wall Tour was named the Best Tour on Oahu for 2012 & 2013 by a famous travel website for the second year in a row!!MSNBC Network called us one of the best food experiences in the world! This fantastic tour features Yummy Food, Fascinating History, and Culinary Decadence! Our famous Hole-in-the-Wall Tour includes a behind-the-scenes walking and tasting tour in Honolulu's amazingly colorful Chinatown! The Hole-in-the-Wall Tour is an entertaining, informative and FUN Honolulu City Tour with several stops, including 2 of Hawaii's most famous Bakeries & one of a kind Marketplaces. You'll be eating between 15 & 20 different foods! This tour takes place all over Honolulu, away from the touristy areas of Waikiki, where only the real locals go to eat.
Huntington Beach
“Better the 2nd time around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

We did the tour with Matthew and Keira a little over three years ago when they were just starting. It was great then. We decided to go again based on the recent reviews. It was like visiting old friends. The tour repeated the malasada and Sugoi bento stop. Both are great...the cocopuffs are to die for. They've added an extended stop in China town which was excellent - BBQ pork and fresh rice noodles. The best thing about the tour is all the hints and recommendations that Matthew and Keira provide based on their years of experience. Keira adds that extra local girl touch by telling you how long something has been there, that she went there when she was growing up, etc. Why on earth would be do the tour a second time? The reviews on this site...Based on our experience, we would do it a third and fourth time...everytime we come back. We will try the dinner tour next. Best update: Matthew and Keira has set a date (FINALLY!). Congratulations. A definite must for anyone staying in Waikiki - get out of the hotel and chain store dining, and try the various hole-in-the-walls that they suggest.

• Turkish first
Waikele
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

My wife and I just moved to the Island and really wanted to find some nice, out of the way places of Honolulu. Hawaiian Food Tours was perfect. All the establishments were excellent food choices and will suggest all our visitors to try their tours.

Houston, Texas
“The best part of my trip in Oahu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

This was the best tour ever! How could it not be with all the wonderful food - and I do love food! Mathew and Keira were the best and when you meet them you just know that they love food too! I would recommend this tour to anyone. Not only do you eat - a lot! - you learn about the culture and many areas of Honolulu that you would not find on your own. The next time I go back to Hawaii I would definitely take this tour again and I will be signing up for the evening food tours as well. I just wish I could have gone on the tour earlier in my vacation week so that I could have eaten at all of the places more - oh well, there is always next time and it is a good thing I didn't go early - I gained 5lbs anyway and would have gained way more!!!! All cities should have this tour! We need to franchise!

The Coco Puff pastry and the malasadas were my favorite! Also the tour of China Town was very educational. I can't wait to use my Li Hing powder in margaritas and possibly a new pomegranate concoction that I think this would be fabulous in!

You rock Matt and Keira! I think I'm in love with you both!!! LOL! Please keep going with the tour and congratulations on your engagement! You two are the best!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
6 attraction reviews
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

We went on the hole in the wall tour last week. The owners are very knowledgeable and so sweet! We learned so much, and ate so much. I would definitly rec this tour to anyone traveling to Hawaii. Thanks guys!

los angeles
“Good food, good company, Good times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

Matthew and keira were super! The service is excellent!
I agree with the other reviewers the attention to detail is WOW!
They have wipes, bottle water, tissues, pictures, "index card" of take home info, the post trip email to recap activity... and they RECYCLE!
The information was great.
They not only introduce you to Hawaiian food but to culture, history, and people.
They bring the food to life with the history behind it.
They are enthusiastic , friendly and very very warm.
We would likely do the other tours on our next visit to oahu.
Thank you guys.