“Foodie Fun!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawaii Food Tours

Hawaii Food Tours
Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Mililani Mauka - Launani Valley)
+1 808-926-3663
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 356 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaii Food Tours™ was created by Hawaii's #1 Food Writer and Restaurant Reviewer, Chef Matthew Gray. It's for those who love food & fun. Voted Best Tours on Oahu for the past two years in a row! Two different daily tours; one takes place in & around Honolulu... the other goes to the North Shore. We will feed, educate and entertain you all day long! MSNBC Network called us one of the best food experiences in the world! These fantastic tours feature Yummy Food, Fascinating History, and Culinary Decadence! Our Famous Hole-in-the-Wall Tour™ includes a behind-the-scenes walking and tasting tour in Honolulu's amazingly colorful Chinatown! It's an entertaining, informative and FUN Honolulu City Tour with several stops, including 2 of Hawaii's most famous Bakeries & one of a kind Marketplaces. You'll be eating between 15 & 20 different foods! This tour takes place all over Honolulu, away from the touristy areas of Waikiki, where only the real locals go to eat. Our North Shore Food Tour™ gives guests a tasty glimpse of the colorful and rural "countryside" area of our island of Oahu. Many people read about the North Shore, about the beautiful huge waves, the garlic shrimp trucks, and rustic away-from-the-city areas, and that's what we give our guests, including some genuine Hawaiian food, a garlic shrimp plate, various pastries, Hawaiian Beer, and a visit to a coffee and sugar plantation.
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Foodie Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I did the Hole in the Wall tour during our honeymoon on our first full day there. We had so much great food and came away from it SO full! Matthew and Rachel were our guides and we had a great time! I loved that we went to places we (my husband and I) would not have gone otherwise without having a guide to the right places. Also along the way they suggested several other places to eat during our trip that we tried as well, all delicious.

I highly recommend this tour for those that love food, love exploring and trying new foods! I will most definitely do this again, it was the highlight of our trip.

• Turkish first
San Francisco, California
“One of a kind experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I did the Hole in the wall tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. Mike and Sahara were the perfect guides and kept us entertained with their informative tit bits about the food and the local customs. We ate foods representing breakfast,lunch,drinks, exotic fruit and desserts with the portions being perfect sample sizes. We highly recommend this tour to get a taste of the Islands. This was one of the highlights of our trip. Will do it again! Keep up the good work Mike and Sahara!

atlanta
13 attraction reviews
“Hole in the Wall Tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Not what I was expecting. Overpriced, go explore on your own. The owners were our guides, pleasant, friendly, good people. Too many stops for sweets. Samples were just not enough. Should be a better variety of food that represents Hawaii, not focused on Chinese alone. The musubi was not good. I make better at home.

Visited August 2012
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I did the Hole in the Wall Food Tour on February 14th with Matthew and Kiera and had a wonderful time! Matthew and Kiera are funny, entertaining and full of knowledge. We enjoyed traveling around and sampling food from many different cultures of Hawaii, while learning about the history of Honolulu and the melting pot of cultures around the city, and many many fun food facts. Our time in Chinatown was very cool and the different foods were delicious. I highly recommend this tour!!

Wynyard,Sk
4 attraction reviews
“Foodies for a day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I did the Hole in the Wall Tour with Greg and Jess in March of 2012.It was a fun way to spend the day exploring Chinatown and other food haunts of Honolulu.Our favorites were the baked manapuas-what I wouldn't do to be on that tour this week enjoying the sunshine and exotic native foods! Highly recommended by both Brad and myself.I would definitely like to do the other tours offered through Hawaii Food Tours.

Visited March 2012