“Excellent food, non-existent service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Tsukiji Fish Market and Restaurant

The Tsukiji Fish Market and Restaurant
Ala Moana Center Ho'okipa Terrace, 1450 Ala Moana Boulevard, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96814
808-237-5444
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet
gillybean604
“Excellent food, non-existent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We found out about this place through groupon. The appetizers are FANTASTIC. The Asian nachos, calamari, sliders, chicken wings, and artichoke dip was great. I gave it 4/5 because after our server took our order, she disappeared. We literally did not see her after that. No one came to check on us or fill our glasses. It wasn't till towards the end when someone came to clear our table that we got service. But even getting our bill took awhile despite only 3 other tables full. But overall, food was great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Iowa City, Iowa
“Great and delicious selection of sushi, seafood and much more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I highly recommend this place to eat, if you are in Honolulu, HI

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“what a bummer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

we decided to take a friend for his last day on the island to tsukiji's, everything was going great...sushi was yummy, meat jun, crab legs all good as well...our waiter was awesome he came by refilling out water and tea, having a good time until I went to grab another piece of my kim chee cucumber I found a hair on it. Totally ruined it for me, didn't want to eat anything else I mean who knows what else fell on the other food. At least it wasnt on our friends plate, but it never should have been on anyone's plate at all. If it wasn't for the hair my ratings would've been higher. I give the wait service a five. Sorry Tsukiji not good for a come back. :(

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oahu, Hawaii
“A Comfortable atmosphere for lunch or dinner with a teriffic variety of food choices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

We went for dinner and the atmosphere was very laid back but efficient.All the servers were very attentive to their patrons. Everyone i was in contact with was friendly and pleasant.The food was great,especially the shrimp,my favorite! It's a buffet of local favorites, but they are known for the japanese flair; sushi, noodle station, seafood choices and a shave ice machine for dessert. You gotta try this place.It's reasonably priced for such variety.You won't be dissapointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alaska
“Overpriced for selection and quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Read reviews on TripAdvisor and expected Tsukiji Fish Market and Restaurant to surpass Todai. (Todai is a favorite, having dined at locations in Chicago, Honolulu, Las Vegas, and Seattle.) Tsukiji ended up not fulfilling these expectations. Selection in all areas (sushi, hot dishes, and desserts) was less varied than Todai and I judged as lower quality. For about the same price, I'll be dining at Todai in the future.

• Visited February 2012