“My first online review” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Honolulu Screamer

Honolulu Screamer
Honolulu, Oahu, HI (Ala Moana - Kakaako)
(808) 597-8669
Website
Improve this listing
CALIFORNIA
“My first online review”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was so disappointed in our experience that I felt compelled to write this review. We were in Hawaii with our kids for a week vacation. (Their first time) We saw this ride in a magazine from Alamo rentals and thought it looked like a great time. We convinced our friends to come with us and so the eight of us drove from the other side of the island for our last adventure together. The guy who helped us on the boat and rode with us was great. He was very nice, enthusiastic and helpful. The boat captain, I am afraid to say, had other motives. We were there on the 4th of July and we soon discovered (as we were floating around in circles for about 20 minutes) that he was mostly concerned about getting another large pirate boat anchored so they can join the thousands of others who were setting up to watch fireworks later that evening. If I had not stood up and said something, we would have been there much longer. Honestly, this is really not a good ride anyway. If you have ever ridden a jet ski of any kind, they are much more fun. Our 'captain' spun us around three times in our entire ride and the rest of the journey to the pirate ship and back consisted of slowing down abruptly to soak us with water. This was fun the first 2 to 3 times but got old after his stunt and just by sheer boring repetition. I would not recommended a company that puts their own selfish needs above that of their customers. He was not even apologetic about it. Needless to say, even my children said the whole ride was LAME.

Visited July 2013

Escondido, California
“Glad we didn't pay full price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Did the Groupon - it's definitely not worth full price!! You have to pay to park, so bring cash for that (they do warn you about this when you book). But be warned - even if you purchase the Groupon for this ride they will charge you a $3.50 "fuel and docking" fee per person when you get there. Then they ask for a tip on top of that!! What a ripoff!! Don't bother getting there early, as the boat crew doesn't even show up until about 5 minutes before you're scheduled to depart. You'll only be standing in the sun frying!! Be sure to sit in the back of the boat to start with. They supposedly try to mix it up and make it fair by having people switch seats during the ride. You would think they would do this halfway through the ride, but we were in the front for about 1/3 of the ride, and then switched seats and moved to the back for the other 2/3 of the ride. May seem like a nit-picky thing, but we didn't think it was fair because in our experience the first 1/3 of the ride was great and we got really wet, the last 2/3 of the ride stunk and we barely got wet at all. If we had it to do over again we would've spent our time (and money) elsewhere.

Visited June 2013
Hilo, Hawaii
8 attraction reviews
“Had a blast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a great time if you sit up front you will get wet they play rocking music the trip is around 1 hour in length. The driver will get up to speed and turn the boat hard and the boat spins 180 degrees then he gets up to speed again and puts in reverse and the boats bow dips down and water comes over the bow and gets you soaked loved it. When we went we spotted a whale and the driver took time for us to look at it "Bonus" The boats not eal fast but fast enough and I felt safe with the crew and the boat. For the cost it was worth it.

Visited May 2012
Victoria, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“YEEEESSSSSS!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

As my husband said..when he walked back into the room...was a great exciting experience for him...Luved it!!! My daughter and myself not our thing to fly at high speed through the water lol....he said the veiw of the Diamond Head was great as well..

Visited October 2012
Running Springs, California
4 attraction reviews
“Not so fast speed boat”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you think the idea of going on a semi quick boat ride and getting soaking wet sounds exciting, then you'll probably love this. If you are one that takes part in any kind of extreme activities on any kind of regular basis you may find this to be on the boring side. At $21 each, I expected a thrill. During the course of this ride you make 6 slow 180 degree turns, and they rapidly decelerate 6 times, causing water to come over the bow. Seat changes are a waste of time as it's the same ride no matter where you are in the boat. They had rockin tunes blasting the whole time which would have been kinda cool except the speakers were not up to the job. I suggest looking elsewhere for your adrenaline rush.

Visited November 2012