“Jet Ski- we were forgotten at site” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Honolulu Screamer

Honolulu Screamer
Honolulu, Oahu, HI (Ala Moana - Kakaako)
(808) 597-8669
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #260 of 355 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Boat Tours, Water sports, Adventure
Melbourne, Australia
“Jet Ski- we were forgotten at site”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Me and my bf went jet skiing which was fun. I was pretty scared. The staff sucked.
We booked through hawaii active and were told we didn't need the voucher or credit card as we had already paid and they will have our infomation and just bring ourselves.
We get there they demand to see the voucher, we had to pull it up on email on i-phone. Then they demand the credit card number.
After we went Jet skiing the bus driver left the site (they drive you out about 15 mins to the jet ski area) with out me, my bf and a mother and her 2 daughters. He had forgotten half the group. We had to bloody wait over an hr in the heat for him to realise and return. None of us had phones, water or money on us. We had to cancel our evening plans as the who thing took much longer then stated.
Then on the bus back to the meeting location they had the nerve to offer us the photos from the jet skiing on memory card for $30 lol. I told them we will be having those for free as an apology for leaving us out there. When we get back to the booth we had to explain the whole situation again. We were given the photos for free. Pretty poor quality.

Visited July 2012

Houston, Texas
“Good time with the kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We called the morning of the day they kids wanted to parasail. We paid for the 700 feet for 8-10 minutes with a coupon. While we did not time it, it was probably closer to maybe 6 minutes in time but they saw plenty and had a great time. The tour was on time and our 10 year old and 13 year old had a great time! My husband had to ride with them as they did not weigh enough! On the way back down, they dipped them in the water and then brought them back up. My kids thought that was awesome! They want to do it again for sure!

Visited June 2012
San Francisco, California
“What a Blast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I had a friend of mine who had gone on the Screamer last year and told us not to miss it when we visited Oahy. Boy was she right - we had a ball. Plus the staff was courteous, fun and entertaining. I would recommend this ride for anyone who stays in Waikiki.

Visited February 2012
Clovis, California
“Stay Away...they are dishonest...X-Treme Parasail”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

We have never gone parasailing before and wanted to try it because we saw a coupon in the Oahu activities book that read $25 for 300ft and $30 for $600 ft. We called and made a reservation for 2/27/11. They took our credit card info. When we arrived they charged us $84 dollars and told me that Teri, the person who took our reservation quoted us $42 per person. With the coupon in hand, they refused to accept it and also stated that if we cancelled, we would still be charged the $84. We were very upset with their blatant false advertisement. The boat arrived 15-20 minutes late and our ride was scheduled at 4. There were 6 couples on board and each rode 5 minutes at best. We returned to the dock at 5:10. The ride was not even an hour long as promised. In addition, they offered to take pictures for $15. We took this offer. They give you the film and you have to develop. We did this just yesterday and the pictures were horrible. Clearly, there is an issue with their camera. What a waste. Save your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

Visited February 2011
West Richland, WA
14 attraction reviews
“They Could Not Care Any Less About You”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

We had limited time on Oahu, our first trip to Hawaii, and wanted to make the most of that limited time. A friend told us she enjoyed the “Screamer” and we thought we’d include it in our planned activities as something different from the normal. Staying Friday to Friday, we called and booked the Sunday 3PM excursion, setting aside other activities for that day. On Sunday we wrapped up our activities mid-day and headed back to the motel to change clothing at 2:05P for the 3:00P boat ride, check-in being at 2:30P. We suddenly got a call from the “Screamer” staff telling us they were cancelling the ride because they did not have enough signups for that time slot and it would not be profitable for them to keep their commitment to us. They asked us to reschedule for the next day, which we could not as we already had other plans committed to, and we, unlike them, keep our commitments. We told them we would reconsider and possibly try again later in the week if time allowed. That left our planned day in limbo, and we ended up just walking the Waikiki beach area for something to do in replacement for the balance of the day. Two days later we decided to try the “Screamer” yet again, called and booked Thursday at 2:00P. But sadly my wife’s knee was injured Wednesday night and she had long, painful, sleepless night. Deciding it would be foolish to attempt the ride, risking possible further injury, I called Thursday morning to inquire about cancellation. I was told (flat out) 24 hours required to cancel so you WILL be charged the FULL amount. Obviously I was not happy and not wishing to risk further injury to my wife we chose to ignore the boat ride and went for a leisurely drive instead. At 2P we received a call as to why we weren’t there for the launch and I explained to them the circumstances, noting my earlier phone call. They asked why we didn’t cancel and I explained that I did call to do so, and was told I would becharged the full amount no matter what!
I then asked them to please give consideration to the facts that my wife was unpredictably injured at the last minute and could not attend, AND the fact that THEY called and cancelled 24 MINUTES (not 24 hours) before launch on the previous Sunday to cancel us even though the boat was working fine, spoiling our day! The employee put us on hold for a few minutes, conferring with a “higher-up”, returning to say “He says 24 Hours Cancellation Notice Required!!! PERIOD. You WILL be charged!”
Based on these facts I’ve explained I would NOT recommend this company for ANY excursions as they apparently could not care any less about you and focus on only themselves, totally devoid of compassion, consideration, and responsibility to those who planned their day and vacation around their “reputable” business! Thumbs DOWN!