“What a Blast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Honolulu Screamer

Honolulu Screamer
Honolulu, Oahu, HI (Ala Moana - Kakaako)
(808) 597-8669
Attraction Details
San Francisco, California
“What a Blast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I had a friend of mine who had gone on the Screamer last year and told us not to miss it when we visited Oahy. Boy was she right - we had a ball. Plus the staff was courteous, fun and entertaining. I would recommend this ride for anyone who stays in Waikiki.

Visited February 2012

Clovis, California
“Stay Away...they are dishonest...X-Treme Parasail”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

We have never gone parasailing before and wanted to try it because we saw a coupon in the Oahu activities book that read $25 for 300ft and $30 for $600 ft. We called and made a reservation for 2/27/11. They took our credit card info. When we arrived they charged us $84 dollars and told me that Teri, the person who took our reservation quoted us $42 per person. With the coupon in hand, they refused to accept it and also stated that if we cancelled, we would still be charged the $84. We were very upset with their blatant false advertisement. The boat arrived 15-20 minutes late and our ride was scheduled at 4. There were 6 couples on board and each rode 5 minutes at best. We returned to the dock at 5:10. The ride was not even an hour long as promised. In addition, they offered to take pictures for $15. We took this offer. They give you the film and you have to develop. We did this just yesterday and the pictures were horrible. Clearly, there is an issue with their camera. What a waste. Save your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

Visited February 2011
West Richland, WA
12 attraction reviews
“They Could Not Care Any Less About You”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

We had limited time on Oahu, our first trip to Hawaii, and wanted to make the most of that limited time. A friend told us she enjoyed the “Screamer” and we thought we’d include it in our planned activities as something different from the normal. Staying Friday to Friday, we called and booked the Sunday 3PM excursion, setting aside other activities for that day. On Sunday we wrapped up our activities mid-day and headed back to the motel to change clothing at 2:05P for the 3:00P boat ride, check-in being at 2:30P. We suddenly got a call from the “Screamer” staff telling us they were cancelling the ride because they did not have enough signups for that time slot and it would not be profitable for them to keep their commitment to us. They asked us to reschedule for the next day, which we could not as we already had other plans committed to, and we, unlike them, keep our commitments. We told them we would reconsider and possibly try again later in the week if time allowed. That left our planned day in limbo, and we ended up just walking the Waikiki beach area for something to do in replacement for the balance of the day. Two days later we decided to try the “Screamer” yet again, called and booked Thursday at 2:00P. But sadly my wife’s knee was injured Wednesday night and she had long, painful, sleepless night. Deciding it would be foolish to attempt the ride, risking possible further injury, I called Thursday morning to inquire about cancellation. I was told (flat out) 24 hours required to cancel so you WILL be charged the FULL amount. Obviously I was not happy and not wishing to risk further injury to my wife we chose to ignore the boat ride and went for a leisurely drive instead. At 2P we received a call as to why we weren’t there for the launch and I explained to them the circumstances, noting my earlier phone call. They asked why we didn’t cancel and I explained that I did call to do so, and was told I would becharged the full amount no matter what!
I then asked them to please give consideration to the facts that my wife was unpredictably injured at the last minute and could not attend, AND the fact that THEY called and cancelled 24 MINUTES (not 24 hours) before launch on the previous Sunday to cancel us even though the boat was working fine, spoiling our day! The employee put us on hold for a few minutes, conferring with a “higher-up”, returning to say “He says 24 Hours Cancellation Notice Required!!! PERIOD. You WILL be charged!”
Based on these facts I’ve explained I would NOT recommend this company for ANY excursions as they apparently could not care any less about you and focus on only themselves, totally devoid of compassion, consideration, and responsibility to those who planned their day and vacation around their “reputable” business! Thumbs DOWN!

Oregon
“So Much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

This was the most exciting boat trip I have ever been on. It goes so fast! What a rush!

Rye Brook, New York
4 attraction reviews
“x-treme parasail - same operator”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

I booked parasails with x-treme for my family of four through our hotel concierge. We were never picked up, but it turned out that the concierge gave us the wrong location to wait. The shuttle driver apparently did wait for us and offered to come back, but by the time we found out what went wrong it was too late for us to go. The owner of the company agreed to reschedule us for the next day and even met us at the boat to make sure we were OK - very good follow-through. The boat captain and assistant were very nice and helpful. As an earlier reviewer said, I don't know that there's much of a difference in actual height and time among rides, even though there are three ride price levels. would give the parasail itself a 6 out of 10 in terms of excitement, but if you've never parasailed, the views from where x-treme takes its boats is a 10 out of 10 (for some reason, it seems to be the only operator than runs near Waikiki), and the owner and staff are friendly and seem to enjoy what they do. Our two kids had a blast.