“Luau over the Top” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Te Moana Nui, Tales of the Pacific

Te Moana Nui, Tales of the Pacific
2490 kalakaua Avenue, Presented at The Pacific Beach Hotel, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 90815
+(1)808-441-4880
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 356 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Te Moana Nui is the newest Polynesian Dinner Show in waikiki. A theatrically produced cultural Luau show that will take you on an unforgetable journey of the Pacific. Located in the Pacific Beach Hotel (Grand Ball Room) it is literally steps away from all the action in Waikiki. Eliminate the long bus ride and enjoy a highend, high energy production creating an experience you will share for years to come!
San Francisco, California
“Luau over the Top”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was my first time experiencing this type of show. I went with my wife and 9 year old son and it was amazing from the beginning to end. I didn't know what to expect because I thought most Luaus were outside. It was actually better indoors due the lighting, temperature and no chance of a rainout. The actual show was a little over an hour which is perfect for kids. The performers were into their rolls and took photos with you at the end of the performance. The food on the buffet was also very good.

Visited July 2014

Oakland, California
16 attraction reviews
“Amazing, authentic, awesome show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I saw an ad about the Tihati Productions show at the Pacific Beach Hotel. I have always wanted to see their show at the Moana Hotel but alas the hotel changed and Tihati's group wasn't performing there any longer. However, because we were short on time and the first night we arrived in Honolulu was the only night we could see it, we just planned for cocktails. So I called the number and left a message and got a call back and reservations! The ballroom is where the show was at the Pacific Beach Hotel, we came in, got our drink tickets (two well drinks or one blended drink) and unfortunately their blender was on order. So we ordered a Mai tai and white wine spritzer.

We were seated on a round table by ourselves as the other people in the audience had come for the preshow activities and buffet dinner. I wish we could have come early to see the activities and have the buffet dinner, maybe next time! We were really impressed by the professionalism in the show and how authentic it is! The performers are beautiful, talented and costumes are beautiful as well! The fire dance was awesome! Although it is not like a traditional luau by the beach, at least you don't have to worry about the weather because it is indoors and very comfortable, not touristy at all. We also got to take photos with the performers after the show and that was a treat in itself!

The next time we come back to Oahu, I would love to attend the entire show from the preshow activities, to the buffet dinner and show! I used to dance Polynesian dance for over 15 years and this is one of the best shows I have seen.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great dinner great show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I went to see the show tonight as part of our last schedule on the Hawaiian island and it was fantastic. We initially did not have much expectation but fortunately it turned out to be fun and memorable. The buffet had much of what you would ask for some authentic Hawaiian cuisine and the actors and staff were kind and devoting.

houston, tx
6 attraction reviews
“Above par food with an amazing show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The show is probably the best I have seen for a "Luau", even though this is not a typical luau being inside. The only con I can think of is location in a old conference room. Pro are definitely the quality of the food and the showmanship of the performers, these guys were amazing.

Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We went to this luau yesterday for our first luau ever and we were very satisfied. Seating was good, food was very delicious, and the show was excellent.

We didn't have to worry about weather or bugs on us or the food since it was indoors with air conditioning.

It was very fun and the staff was very friendly. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a great luau.