“Great people, great views - doors-off!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 356 Activities in Honolulu
Hong Kong, China
4 attraction reviews
“Great people, great views - doors-off!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My wife and I were in Hawaii for our honeymoon. It was the third local tour we've taken - 60-65 minute doors-off tour, called Waimea Tour on their website. It was just amazing!

Starting from the first moment of their service, it was superb! Ian our chauffeur came to pick us up at our hotel. He eagerly chatted with us to make sure everyone was ready for the helicopter ride. Along the way to and from the airport, he also introduced many interesting places for us to pay a visit or grab some good food. He also let us know a lot more of the history of the island as he drove by.

Then it came to the most important part - the helicopter ride. The aircraft was much smaller than I had expected. However it was just all the more exciting as there are only 1 pilot 4 passengers - everyone could have a decent view!

Our pilot, Evan was a wonderful guide. He gave me advice on what camera to bring on board as I have taken both wide and zoom lenses. That really saved me effort and given us a better time to enjoy the flight rather than getting too busy with changing cameras in the air.

The flight was not as scary as I have thought. It did get bumpy when there's wind. However it was not to be worried about. And the view, it was just amazing! It is an entirely different angle one can look at things. It is different from looking out of a regular passenger aeroplane as it was doors-off! Especially that I was sitting on the side, there's nothing to block my view - and my body! My left foot was just one inch away from a vertical drop of, maybe 2000+ feet! Absolutely breathtaking experience!

The best parts of the trip was when Evan our pilot did the swing to change direction or just to let both sides of the copter to see the same view. We were like 30 degrees tilted and wow! The view and the reel were unimaginable!

Evan did a lot of explanation along the way and we could actually ask questions with the headset.

The Sacred Falls was a little bit disappointing as it was a bit far away and the amount of water flowing down did not really make much noise that could reach us.

The turquoise water, coral reefs, sandy beaches, plantation fields, raw mountain landscape with misty top gave us a great time up in the air. Oh, even the submarines and air force were so clearly seen from this angle.

The time we got back to the airport for landing was another amazing moment as we could see the airport from afar zooming in and the planes taking off from a very special angle that we could not have seen before.

All in all, great people, very friendly and helpful - thank you Evan, Ian and the lady at the office! And Great views! Remember to take the doors-off option if you wanna try. And, it is best to book directly with them as it saves money.

Mahalo Genesis Aviation!

Visited July 2014

14 attraction reviews
“Just Got to do it. Its the best fun you'll have with your pants on.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

How do I write a review of the most enjoyable fun experience of my wife's and I Hawaiian trip . It starts off with getting picked up by Jeff out the front of our hotel in a smick looking suv. Jeff then greets us and whilst driving to the heliport gives a commentary of Hawaii and its history and culture. When we arrive at the heliport we are given a safety briefing by Jim the other pilot which is very informative but he puts a humorous spin on it to keep you calm. Then after that your allocated your seat and pilot. We scored Jeff who was very professional and informative the whole flight and even spoke to us by name which I find very professional. The views are spectacular and awe inspiring. I had the starboard front seat and have awesome pics thanks to Jeff for putting me in the position to get these memories, also thanks for the little stop over Pearl Harbour for me. You have to go DOORS OFF. Thanks Jeff, Jim.

Visited June 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Pilot Jim kept his promise and got us high!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Firstly apologies for the late review but better late than never. If you do only 1 tour in HNL, go with Jim, truly it was simply the best and you will see the whole island!
We decided on Genesis after all the excellent reviews on TA. Thank you Ian, Jim and Jonita (sorry if I've misspelt it) you all made it an experience of a lifetime.
Just watched some of the video and it is definitely worth it,got to relive it.
Doors off only in future.

This is just a note to anyone who books with a non US credit card, I got charged by mistake as we had paid cash but even though it was refunded immediately by Genesis, I paid HKD 155 as a result of exchange rates. I spoke with someone at Genesis to let them know and they apologised so all is well.
I will be booking a flying lesson with Jim next time we visit, felt so safe and enjoyed the conversation and music completely!!

Visited July 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Door Off - Stunning Views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Doors off is the very best way to see the island and our pilot Jim (Magnum Pi) made the trip so much more enjoyable. He was fun, informative, sensitive towards his passengers needs and very reassuring! We had the misfortune of being told by the travel agent we booked with that we couldn't take anything "loose" including sunglasses which made it very difficult to see at times. I'm kicking myself that I didn't have mine with me as it would have made the experience so much more enjoyable. We had been out to Pearl Harbour the day before so seeing it from the air added another dimension to the experience, especially the Atlanta. We took loads of photos & videos and also received a copy of the Web-Cam video Jim took throughout the flight. The team at Genesis posted the video to us in New Zealand and it arrived very promptly and undamaged. Would highly recommend this trip. Genesis were brilliant!

Visited May 2014
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 attraction reviews
“I flew doors off at 1500 feet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Highlight of the trip, Very nervous to start ... But the view out off this world , our pilot Jim was awesome loads of fun , plus he looked like magnum pi felt very safe with him ,great knowledge of the beautiful island , great briefing to start with then off we went , so pleased I did it ! Thank u so much ,the photos are awesome .

Visited June 2014