“Worth it!” 5 of 5 stars

Madison, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“Worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I took a doors off tour on December 9. He sat in the front. I think he was just as fascinated with the helicopter controls as the views. This is an ideal activity if you don't have a lot of time in Hawaii. It is an efficient and beautiful way to see the island. The narration was educational and with just the right amount of hokey jokes. Doors off is an experience unlike any other. I only have one recommendation: Genesis is hard to find if you are driving there. We drove around the parking lot unable to find any signage for a little while. Signs pointing out where to park would be appreciated.

Visited December 2013
hawaiianhighinc, Pilot Jim at Genesis Helicopters, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Megehen
I still get fascinated by all of the controls and views myself and I know what they all do....
For many, they get to see more of the island in that special hour than they have all week by car or bus.
I have to put some jokes in there, since that is just me but it also relaxes some of the ones that are new to choppers.
We are looking at new signage now so thanks for the suggestion.
Your Pilot.

Sydney, Australia
“Amazing Experience - great customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We did a 45 minute doors off flight with Genesis and I have to say it was money well spent. This was definitely one of the highlights of our Hawaii experience. I think Hawaii has to be one of the best places in the world to do a helicopter ride.
Everyone at Genesis was very professional, helpful and friendly - from the driver Ian to Jim our pilot and Katelyn in the office. We couldn't have been happier. Thanks again for a great day!

Visited January 2014
Anyone want to try the 60 minute version next time?
Let do it........
Your Pilot
Greenfield, Massachusetts, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Exellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This tour is a must do when visiting Honolulu. the Staff is excellent, the pilot was perfect showing us every nook and cranny of Ohau's best!!! Thank you for a great ride!!!

Visited January 2014
hawaiianhighinc, Pilot Jim at Genesis Helicopters, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Larry
Nooks and Cranny's are our specialty, that and just pure fun!
Great Ride, great guests, thanks.
Jim O'Donohue :-)
“Don't think twice just do it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We went on an open helicopter tour of the island yesterday with Jim as our pilot. Well what can I say?! He made us feel so safe, he was fun & very informative. We could not fault this trip of a lifetime from the time we were picked up by Ian, safety briefed by Jim's daughter & driven back to our hotel. Cannot wait to see the DVD to see it all again! Many thanks to all at Genesis! Jane & Kevin

Visited January 2014
I was glad to see you got the DVD as it allows you to relive it all over again.
Ian is an excellent driver and informative from the minute he picks up our guests, he being born and raised here.
Kaitlyn is so bubbly and yet very safety conscience, as are all of our girls and they really sets the stage for me as your pilot to create a safe, fun and informative flight.
Hope we can impress you again on your next adventure here to Oahu.
Your Pilot
San Diego
29 attraction reviews
“Totally Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was the best part of our trip last November! It was a terrific experience and I would recommend the Waimea tour which last 1 hours and takes you all around the entire island. The staff were great in prepping us for our trip and kept it fun and informative. Jeff was a wonderful pilot who made sure that everyone on board had a view of all the sites and provided great narration throughout the whole tour. I would dress warm as it is a "doors off" helicopter and can get chilly. I would also recommend getting the video as we were pleasantly surprised about how personalized it was and what great memories it brought back. Totally Awesome tour!

Visited November 2013
hawaiianhighinc, Pilot Jim at Genesis Helicopters, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello SDCandybar and thanks for the great review.
I was glad to hear we we re the "Best Part of your trip" since I know there is so many things to do here but I agree that this just kind of tops off most peoples vacation since seeing Oahu from the air really puts the entire island into perspective of beauty and size.
Jeff has been flying here for some 23 years and is a very gifted pilot and I know he tries to make sure to do several turns so all get equal opportunities to see the stunning beauty that Oahu is well known for.
We have our complimentary hoodies that we encourage those who get cold easy to wear but on many still like the open air and cooler flight time with just a plain t-shirt.
Thanks for making great memories with all of us here at Genesis Aviation Helicopters.
Jim O'Donohue