“Must be 'Doors Off'” 5 of 5 stars

Southampton, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
“Must be 'Doors Off'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

You go all the way to Oahu and you visit all the sights well you see nothing compared to the sights that Jim and his team have ready for you.

Picked up from you hotel your taken by a member of the team on your own little information trip to the aerodrome. A good long safety talk explaining all the do's and don'ts then its off to see the sights from 1500 feet with the doors off. It sounds terrifying but its not you really feel safe and you get to see more than you could have ever hoped for and they make it your trip, finishing with the flight in over Pearl Harbour made it the ultimate tour.

You can take your photos but remember to bring a camera with a strap and it may be warm on the ground but in the air it gets pretty cold so take a jacket. Enjoy and buy the DVD of your flight at the end.

Visited October 2013
hawaiianhighinc, Pilot Jim at Genesis Aviation Helicopter Tours, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for the review of 5 stars. Yes, Safety is ALWAYS first, as it should be when your flying in a helicopter and 1500 feet sure give you the birds eye view.
It is so super safe and really the best way to see the island.
A camera sure makes for great memories as does the DVD after the flight.
I hope we can fly again the next time you visit the islands.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
9 attraction reviews
“Will do again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was the most exciting thing that we did in the 12 days that we were in Hawaii. Jim the pilot was awesome. Made everyone feel safe and at ease. He is funny and knowledgeable in regards to the island. This is well worth the money.

Visited September 2013
THANK YOU for the nice 5 star rating here on TripAdvisor.com
I hear regularly that a helicopter ride is awesome but when combined with the stunning beauty that Oahu has to offer, it is the best combination available.
I understand how some feel uneasy on their first helicopter ride and I try to make it a point to make everyone feel at ease since the best part of the flight is after you can relax and feel safe and secure.
That is why I like to sit with my guests and talk a bit of story before we take off so you all can have that warm fuzzy feeling of this guy who will be guiding you through the skies and seeing some of the best views in the entire state.
Thanks again for the kind review and for flying here with us.
Queensland
5 attraction reviews
“Doors Off - The only way to fly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic experience this was.Did this flight as a means to really get some great shots on DSLR. Boy did I get some. Jim the Pilot is a great guy who really knows his stuff. He made every effort to make sure we got all the shots we wanted. He even took us inland so we could view a circular rainbow which was simply amazing. Great safety regulations and a good reponsible tour provider. Highly recommend and would do it again.
Can't want to see the Go pro video.

Visited October 2013
hawaiianhighinc, Pilot Jim at Genesis Aviation Helicopter Tours, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you Djscotty for the awesome 5 star rating and thank you for noticing that I really try to make sure everyone, no matter where they sit in the chopper gets the great view.
As you saw, I look for ways to find those AWESOME FULL circle rainbows and was sooooo glad to be able to deliver one for you guys.
It always makes my day to see them since it is virtually impossible to see them from the ground.
Thanks again for flying with me.
Feel free to call us directly at (808) 478-0288 the next time you get back to the island.
Jim O'Donohue :-)
“A truly amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

If you are in Honolulu this is a must do adventure! The staff where friendly and explained things that made you feel safe. There is no other way to see the island of Oahu than with Jim and his doors off helicopter!!

Aloha Dylan
Thank you for the great 5 star rating.
I enjoyed our flight together.
Yes, safety is always #1 with me but right behind that is FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!!!!!
Seeing the beautiful island of Oahu from the air can't be beat from any bus or car.
And as you know, Sacred Falls just can't be seen any other way than like we did from a helicopter.
Hope you come back and see me again.
Kyoto, Japan
“Doing It Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The pilot, Jim, does work for the local news, so he knows how to fly! The views are breathtaking and Jim's commentary is hilarious! You not only get to see the island in a way no one else can, but you also learn a lot of interesting history. Jim gives succinct, and sometimes humorous, explanations of what you're looking at.

Before the ride, Jim's daughter--a total sweetheart, by the way, who shares his sense of humor--briefs you on the dos and dont's. Jim comes in to confirm and to assure you that he hasn't lost too many people on his flights. ;-)

Go doors off. It's the only way. If you fly with doors on, you might as well just be in an airplane. Having clouds literally wisp into the cabin with you is unreal! I loved it! My only regret is that I only booked this trip once. I'm doing it TWICE next time!

Visited September 2013
Thank you for the 5 star rating here on Tripadvisor.com
It is true that flying the news chopper makes you be a better pilot since we have to get into some interesting positions and situations at times.
But flying guests such as yourself is ever better for me since I get to interact with you all and makes new friends.
Please do come back and say hello the next times you on Oahu.
(808) 478-0288