“Awesome service” 5 of 5 stars

Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Awesome service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Views were great like everyone else said. Part of me wishes the ride was longer, but the flight was a little slower at times. Guess I would have just wanted to linger at certain places longer (than I should/will be allowed to). Sunset/sunrise flights would have been awesome, but we understood that it will cost a lot to get the ground crew and everyone else to stay overtime (it's not just the pilot who's working, eh? lol.)
The service however, was great, great, great. Artz picked us up from our hotel. He's a wonderful, patient ex-marine with plenty of life experience. We had no shortage of topics of discussion (eg, scuba, dogs, soldiering etc.) and he's pretty knowledgeable in them all. Chatty and friendly fellow.
Jim, our pilot and guide, also has a wonderful personality. He's super friendly, polite, and cheerful, thanks you for "getting high with us (legally "high")". Jim has a good knowledge of Oahu and its history. Jim is extremely skilled with the helicopter. I'm afraid of heights, the chopper was all open-door (which is quite the experience!), and it was super windy, but Jim handled it all without any problems at all. The landing was sooo smooth, just gliding inches off the ground on the way back to the hangar before softly touching down. The DVD is worth it. Jim was also super accommodating. We were flying off that night, so he just copied the video files straight from his gopro into our CF cards (or any card you have, he says).
Thanks guys for the wonderful experience!

Visited December 2012

Brisbane, Australia
11 attraction reviews
“Highlight of my 9 week holiday in the US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We enjoy helicopter flights so it was a must do in Honolulu. NO DOORS! wow first time for everything! Clear instructions on what to expect on the flight before take off. Same flight path over Pearl Harbour as the Japanese took in WW11 gave us goosebumps. Tip, it gets cold at 1500 feet so wear a jacket and socks. The DVD of the flight is worth the money. Thanks boys you have a great crew. Elly & Mickey

Visited November 2012
“AMAZING VIEWS OF OAHU”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had an amazing narrated trip around the island. DOORS OFF OF COURSE. Very informative, friendly and felt extremely safe the entire ride. Thanks Jeff
David & Pam

5 attraction reviews
“Awesome views = awesome photos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We were recommended by our concierge to do the doors off helicopter tour.
The wait at the for the helicopter was supposed to be 20mins - we waited over an hour. The instructor showed us how all the gear works so we knew prior to getting on the helicopter which was good.

I was in the middle of two guys so can be a bit squishy, and as the helicopter has no doors it is a bit difficult as I didn't want to push them into the wind. The pilot was great, when we flew over a good spot he would turn the helicopter so both sides had ample chance to take a good photo. He was also a great guide explaining what things were and answering our questions. As a result of no doors I got some great shots.

Our chauffeur made us a bit edgy when driving as he would speed up then brake repeatedly instead of sticking to the one speed, but we arrived safe.
Glad we have done it and got to see Oahu from another angle.

DeRidder, Louisiana, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Best thing on my vacation!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

If you don't do anything else while you are here, you MUST do this. The doors off experience was amazing! I felt secure the entire time. It was truly a memorable experience I will speak of for years to come!!!

Visited November 2012