“Not worth it” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Plumeria

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Honolulu
The Plumeria
You added The Plumeria to your Saves list
1111 Piikoi Street, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96814   |
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Over priced, so so location and very dirty. For the price you pay you don't get much for your money. Smells and very dirty. Location is a 10 minute walk from Ala Moana mall which is good but would never stay here again. For the price you pay, if you can shop around you can find hotels more in the centre of town which are similar in price and that offer breakfast as part of the price.

• Stayed February 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Richmond, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The reviews written by Laerissen, Borg V and kaye m are spot on. The Plumeria is what it says it is. You won't be disappointed if you are familiar with staying in hostels. Issues of cleanliness, noise and privacy depend a lot on the other guests that you share space with. I spent two weeks at Plumeria, sharing an apartment with four Swiss that had been there for two months. There were no problems. Every day, I either walked to the Ala Moana beach or took a bus somewhere like Pearl Harbor. It was great.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Zurich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is my last week (out of 4) at the plumeria. I wasn't really sure what to expect but I had a great time here so far. The staff is really nice and stopped by from time to time to chat when we were sitting in front of our appartement. If we needed anything they helped us out (more dishes, a rope for drying our clothes, a new shower curtain and so on...)
There are a lot of different people living there. Some stay a couple of days and others have already been living here for a couple of months or even years. But everyone is really friendly and the BBQ on Saturday is a good opportunity to meet other people.
Generally it is really quiet and eventhough it is next to the road I have never had troubles with sleeping.
Our appartement was never sparkling clean but it was never really dirty. But probably this depends on your roommates.
Also, I really liked the location. It takes you about 10-15 minutes to the beach if you walk and a couple of minutes by car. Just around the corner there's Safeway, Times, Zippy's and 7-Eleven and there's also a bus station close to the plumeria.
I would really recommend this place to everyone who doesn't need a fancy hotel but doesn't want to stay in normal hostel either.

Room Tip: Rooms in the third appartment (next to the office) seemed to be nicer than others.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I came to this place thinking the worst, just because it is a hostel! But I was/and still are very pleasantly surprised how amiable this place is to stay in. The mattresses were comfortable and good, but the room floors can be cleaner, especially under the beds, where there were a lot of bits of garbage under the beds. Everyone was great, besides the German woman I was living with in the dorm. She didn't understand the idea of commercial living! Overall, pretty good stay! I would like to come back soon.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
honolulu hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

My stay here went fairly well. The staff was friendly and the rooms were super clean. The bed was soft and comfortable and the pillows were big and plush. I particularly enjoyed the barbecue they served. Overall like I said this was a good experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Honolulu, HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

My friends and I had a wonderful stay here. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. They introduced us to a lot of the island's culture and were a pleasure to be around. The rooms were clean and the location was awesome. The next time I come to Hawaii I'll be sure to stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My stay here was wonderful! The people here were very nice and the food was exceptionally good. This hotel honed the essence of the island and it had a great vibe in and around it. I was only in Hawaii for five days and this hotel really helped make my trip worthwhile. I couldn't have been more happier with my stay here! I recommend this hotel to all visiting the island.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Plumeria? Share your experiences!