I have just returned from an 11 night stay at the Embassy Suites Waikiki. In short, it was wonderful and the best time I have ever had at this hotel (this was my third stay). Occupancy rates appeared to be a little low and we were lucky enough to get an upgrade to a partial ocean view which was fantastic!
Check-in was very welcoming and professional (thanks Sandra) and the bell staff were very helpful. The room was spotless and comfort levels were very good indeed. The maid service was consistently excellent with very friendly and efficient ladies every day. The beds were very good in terms of rest quality and the blackout curtains made sleeping-in very easy. I heard no noise from adjacent rooms or the street (from Level 17).
The room had both wired and wireless internet access. The data rate and signal strength were excellent. I didn't watch much TV but channel selection appeared to be basic cable with one or two good kid's channels.
The included breakfast is standard fare for Embassy Suites with better than average fruit selection, great omelettes and a fair selection of pastries, cereals etc. It does get a little monotonous after a while and we chose to have breakfast out every few days (Dukes is a good option). Service at breakfast is very good with Aldrin doing a fantastic job with a genuine smile and true enthusiasm.
Evening drinks are really very well done at this hotel. The bar staff know their stuff and the free Mai Tais are deadly so look out. The snacks on offer are basic but keep kids happy until dinner. Live music is provided with an excellent Hawaiian band playing 4 nights a week (I think).
The hotel pool is clean and well maintained and excellent for kids. It is not really a great place for couples to lie around and relax. The beach is a 2 minute walk away.
The location of the hotel is hard to beat. It is one block from the sand and views are not as good as the beachfront hotels. However, there are dozens of quality eating options very close to the hotel. The Yardhouse is an excellent family dining option and it is literally under the hotel.
This is not a true luxury property - there are plenty of those dotted around Waikiki. Rather, this is a great hotel which caters very well to families and offers very good value for money. My wife and 5yo daughter loved it here and we will definitely be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk is an all-suite hotel featuring 1 and 2-bedroom suites with private bedroom(s), separate living room, and kitchenette. All of our guests enjoy complimentary full Made-to-Oder Breakfast daily, nightly Evening Poolside Reception, Wi-Fi, and more, and No Resort Fees. The hotel is located steps to Waikiki Beach and in the heart of Waikiki Beach Walk, Waikiki's newest shopping, dining, and entertainment district. In addition to the extra space, added value, and great location that makes our hotel so unique, it is the genuine Hawaiian hospitality of our staff that we are most proud of. Come experience the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hotel Honolulu
- Embassy Suites Honolulu
- Honolulu Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Oahu
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hawaii/Honolulu