“A Wonderful Hotel for a Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Beachwalk St, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Longboat Key
“A Wonderful Hotel for a Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had all 11 members of our family stay here for 5 nights, in three rooms, to celebrate Grandma's special birthday. It was fantastic and memorable! The staff is personable, courteous and professional. The location is wonderful. The cleanliness of the rooms, hallways, public areas and restaurants was exceptional. The breakfast and daily manager's party a pure delight. A spectacular success for all!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Murray B,
Thank you for staying at our hotel during your grandmother’s special birthday. I am glad you enjoyed our clean rooms, restaurants, and public areas. You named it, our breakfast and free drinks at night are great for families and price value.
Much aloha,
Bob Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The positives of this hotel are as follows:
Well located, close to the beach, stores and restuarants
Good service, the staff were friendly and responsive
The rooms were suites so you had two rooms available which is great for kids
Breakfast was included in the room rate
Laundry facilities available
Wifi available

The negatives:
The decor was outdated, there were pineapples everywhere this included: the curtains, carpet, lamp bases and chair fabric. The carpet was very worn in our room.
The bathroom was small and a bit dirty
The rooms were a bit cramped and our ocean view room only had a small window (no floor to ceiling window).
The buffet breakfast was always busy and at least half of the dishes that I pulled out to get food were dirty (had egg/rice/grease on them) which was really offputting, also there were a lot of birds around the breakfast table which was gross.
The lifts were slow, often full and had an odd odour.

I was disappointed with this hotel given the positive reviews on this site.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mia28282828,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I appreciate your candidness regarding our hotel. As far as the negatives, I am happy to report that next year we will be doing a refresh on all our guest rooms. This will include carpets, drapes, bedding, and wall décor. There is a common misconception that the furniture is old. However, it is actually new and designed as an old Hawaiian retro-look. I hope you will appreciate our changes on your next visit back to Hawai’i.
N Dartmouth MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel based on the reviews written here on TA. We were not disappointed. We were supposed to arrive on Tuesday 6/25 but due to a screw up by United Airlines we could not get to the hotel until Wednesday 6/26. I called the hotel to say we were going to be late and they assured me that they would hold my room. I then called back a couple hours later and told them I wouldn't be making it at all. They were fine with it and gave me two options of either paying and keeping my room so that when we did finally make it I could check in right away or not pay for the night and then check in after 3:00 pm on Wednesday. I opted to check in on Wednesday.

We arrived at the hotel at 1:00 pm and we were able to check in immediately. The check in desk was outside and it had a tropical feel. We were given cold drinks while we checked in. We were in the Hula tower (I think that's the name) and we were located on the 21st floor. There are only 21 floors so I was happy to be out of the noise of the city. We didn't hear a thing at night. So I would ask for a room on the upper floors. I had a nice water view which I didn't request. The room was smaller than I thought it was going to be. We had one bedroom with two queen beds and then a pull out couch. We were traveling with our boys ages 18 and 21. It worked out pretty well for us. The bed was comfortable and I enjoyed sitting out on the balcony.

We went down to the pool a couple days. It was really nice and relaxing. It's located on the fourth floor. We also stayed for the managers reception which is held most days from 5:30 to 7:30. Free drinks from the list offered, snacks and a live band, what more could you ask? The band was a father and his three sons. We enjoyed them very much.

The free breakfast was great. It was in an open air outdoor/indoor area. They had a ton of choices, something for everyone. It does get crowded but we were able to find seating without any problems.

We also used the laundry facilities which I found rather expensive but necessary. They charged $2.75 for each washer and $2.50 for the dryer.

Being on east coast time we were up so early that we went down to use the gym in the Aloha tower. Great equipment. Go early or later, it gets crowded.

We also parked a car there for $35.00 a night. You could get by without one. The beach, restaurants and shopping are within walking distance.

I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear msar1076,
Thank you for your recent thorough review of our hotel. I am glad that you and your family had a good stay, and were able to enjoy our breakfast each day and complimentary cocktails each evening. You are absolutely correct that we have a great staff and location. I look forward to your next visit.
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Though this hotel is not on the beach and does not have a good beach view, we were really pleased with our selection. The hotel was really convenient. Heading out in one direction put you just a short walk to the beach where chairs and umbrellas could be easily rented. Heading out the other direction put you in the middle of lots of great shopping. There were plenty of dining options all around. The service, room, and breakfast did not disappoint. The pool area was nice and I especially appreciated the early morning pool-side Yoga!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear apbecker,
Thank you for your review on our hotel. You are absolutely correct, we are not on the beach but a mere 150 paces off the beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our free breakfast and cocktails, and were able to use our free yoga session adjacent to our pool. We look forward to your return.
Marion, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here for our 10th wedding anniversary..this hotel is amazing! From check in to check out!! Front desk was very friendly and courteous. The rooms are spacious and clean! The breakfast at this hotel is so so wonderful!! Everything one will need to eat! Cook to order Omletts, bacon, sausage, Waffle French toast, yogurt..well you get the point! And the daily manager's reception is off the chain too! love this hotel and will come back over and over again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear nitah1,
Happy anniversary! Thank you for sharing this special time with us at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and all of its offerings. Please keep your promise and come back over and over again.
Nundah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel is great - central location, one block back from the beach and amongst lots of great shops and restaurants. It is really clean and safe, the staff are friendly, and the rooms were quiet with good water pressure in the showers. Everything you would expect, without any problems. The complimentary breakfast has a great selection, however, most things are not really clean / healthy. We were able to request hard boiled eggs each day rather than having the scrambled egg / omelette mix, or sweet treats at breakfast time. Overall our stay was excellent and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear ATripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel. It is very important to us and we appreciate it. I am glad we lived up to your expectations, and hope you enjoyed two of our special amenities; free breakfast and free cocktails. We look forward to your return.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in June, and also rented a room for the day. Beds were great and comfortable. Room service was prompt (food was okay), and customer service was great all around. When we first walked in, we were offered pog, which was a great gesture. The breakfast was delicious! I am still missing the pineapple! It is a short walk from Waikiki, and is located right above the shopping area. We splurged for a dinner at Ruth Chris, which was just below our room. We would love to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear FizzingWhizbee,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. You are right; we have a great location, and I am glad you were able to enjoy our delicious breakfast. We still put out fresh pineapple everyday! It is nice that you splurged and had dinner at our Ruth’s Chris restaurant. They never disappoint anybody. We look forward to your return.
Bob y

Been to Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk? Share your experiences!