I did my homework. Almost all of the reviews I read of this hotel were positive, and as the organizer of a Christmas family reunion, I didn't want to screw up. I wanted an affordable, well located hotel that included kitchenettes since there were three small children who eat a lot. Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk fit the bill. We had a VERY Merry Christmas!
You've read about the free breakfast buffet and Manager's Reception that are offered every day. When you're feeding a large group, this is going to save you a lot of money, and the fresh fruit and made-to-order omelettes, etc. were as good as they get!
So what can I tell you that would be helpful? To start with, request a quiet room on an upper floor when you make your reservation. You definitely don't want to be on the 4th floor since that is heavily trafficked due to the fact that its the pool floor and breakfast/reception location. We had a corner room (1830) in the Hula Tower. Great ocean views. Two terraces. One bedroom with separate living area. Perfect.
What else? Well, if you're planning on feeding small children or yourselves, for that matter, in your room, be aware that the little kitchenette has nothing in it except a coffee maker, small refrigerator and a microwave. You might want to bring paper plates from home or even some flatware and maybe a cutting board. There is an ABC store directly across from the hotel which has everything in it you'll ever need (beer, wine, food, drugs, etc.) and a supermarket a couple of blocks away.
This is not a glitzy hotel, but it was perfect for our group. Comfortable. Kid friendly. Clean. Just what we needed. I got high marks for choosing it. You can ask my family.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hotel Honolulu
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hotel
- Embassy Suites Honolulu
- Embassy Suites Waikiki
- Honolulu Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Oahu
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk is ideal for family vacations, romantic escapes, social gatherings or group retreats. All of our guests enjoy spacious suite accommodations, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast daily, and our nightly Manager’s Reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.