“Great hotel in a great location!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Receive $100 Beach Bucks
Ranked #6 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hotel in a great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We go to Honolulu about once a year. We normally stay on the beach, but our favorite hotel was completely booked. We decided we would try this hotel because we generally enjoy out stay in other cities whenever we stay at this chain. This hotel did not disappoint us at all. Loved the location! It is located right in the heart of Waikiki an easy walk to all the great restaurants and shops. The rooms were a nice size. Everything was very clean. there was a small refrigerator and microwave, which were useful for left over from all the great restaurants (many within the hotel's complex). Although we weren't on the beach, we were just a block away. We were on the 15th floor so we had spectacular views of the beach and ocean. The bed was comfy. We really enjoyed the manager's reception each night with FREE drinks and a kind of nice live band Monday - Friday. The breakfast was okay, but you can't expect too much since it was free. There are a number of really great breakfast stops near by, but hey, they aren't free. We appreciated the free wifi, laundry facilities and small fitness room. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Korean first
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Our stay was excellent - so many great things about the hotel. We were able to check in early, staff was wonderful, great included breakfast and the daily manager's reception with drinks and snacks really kick started the nights. The pool was usually full of kids (and only 4 feet at its deepest) but there was ample space around the pool for lounging. The gym had good equipment and was adequate for a 5 day stay. The coin-op laundry was a bit pricey ($2.50 wash, $2.25 dry) but machines worked well. Lots of nearby shopping and the next door Yard House bar/restaurant was a perfect hangout.

Perhaps the best feature was the courtesy room we could use to shower and change clothes, since we checked out at 11am but went to the airport at 5pm. This gave us another full day at the beach.

The hotel is outstanding and I would choose it again above all others.

• Stayed November 2012
Kapolei, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Location is right in the best part of Waikiki. Hard rock and pubs all over the place. The morning breakfast is nice with a omelet chef and large range of coffees and teas. Partial ocean view looking across trump tower. Beds are comfortable and rooms are dated. Just a very relaxing experience.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We chose to spend a few extra dollars and stay at the Embassy Suites as a final 'feet up' stop after a hectic holiday on the mainland.
We were not disappointed.
Granted, it's not cheap - but the location, the included extras (buffet breakfast, manager's reception drinks), and the suites themselves make it worthwhile if you are seeking a family-friendly place to spoil yourself.

• Stayed October 2012
cuero, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was disappointed in the floor we were on #328 Hula Tower because I wanted to be further up and at first I would have done a negative review ..that said to be honest the room itself was very clean and comfortable. The beds were especially comfortable...The location of the hotel was convenient
....the breakfast was Embassy fair...the Manager's reception was good and had entertainment most nights we were there. The employees were the Best..helpful, friendly and just plain nice... Had I not been really tired each night the lower floor would have been too noisy but trying to get everything in a week's visit was tiring and the traffic would wake me but I fell back to sleep easily... Would I stay there again if chose Honolulu Waikki Beach ? the answer is a most definite yes..My sister and her husband had Room # 729 and It was a great room and they used their Hilton Points.....

Room Tip: Higher Floors have less outdoor noises...the corner rooms are larger....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I went for a wedding back in April 2012. It was my first time staying in a Embassy Suites Hotel and I have to say I wasn't impressed. I traveled as a couple but I will recommend this hotel for a family trip with kids.

The Pros:
Location- Right in the heart of Waikiki Beach
Open Bar in the evenings
Great Breakfast included
Valet Parking Staff- Great customer service and professionals.
Pillow top of the King bed! Great sleep quality!

The Cons:
Valet charges $20.00 plus tip a night (not included in resort fee)
Decoration In-room is very corporate
AC in our room wasnt working propertly
Not Personalize service (They don't call you by name and we traveled as a couple and they gave us a two Queen bedroom)
Pool was very small for the amount of rooms this property has and it was full of kids and closes at 10:00PM

Even though I wasn't a fan of the Embassy Suites Waikiki I enjoyed my trip to Ohau and like I said, It's great for family with kids, not for couples.

Room Tip: Aloha Tower better than the South one. King bed matresses are awesome!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this property from October 10-17 of 2012. The room was in fairly clean condition. I did have to ask for a new pillow case, however housekeeping was always around and extremely friendly and accommodating. Check in was a breeze and valet was always prompt. Manager's reception and breakfast was great and certainly added a bonus to my trip. Workout room was nice, but a couple machines were out of order for our stay.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for families, but couples as well. Extremely close to all the shops and the beach. If you can find a good rate, I say if in doubt, GO FOR IT! I loved it and will return back there.

Room Tip: Anything on the 17th floor will do.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk? Share your experiences!