“I was disappointed at the floor we were on But..” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Receive $100 Beach Bucks
Ranked #7 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
cuero, Texas
“I was disappointed at the floor we were on But..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was disappointed in the floor we were on #328 Hula Tower because I wanted to be further up and at first I would have done a negative review ..that said to be honest the room itself was very clean and comfortable. The beds were especially comfortable...The location of the hotel was convenient
....the breakfast was Embassy fair...the Manager's reception was good and had entertainment most nights we were there. The employees were the Best..helpful, friendly and just plain nice... Had I not been really tired each night the lower floor would have been too noisy but trying to get everything in a week's visit was tiring and the traffic would wake me but I fell back to sleep easily... Would I stay there again if chose Honolulu Waikki Beach ? the answer is a most definite yes..My sister and her husband had Room # 729 and It was a great room and they used their Hilton Points.....

Room Tip: Higher Floors have less outdoor noises...the corner rooms are larger....

1,718 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Korean first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I went for a wedding back in April 2012. It was my first time staying in a Embassy Suites Hotel and I have to say I wasn't impressed. I traveled as a couple but I will recommend this hotel for a family trip with kids.

The Pros:
Location- Right in the heart of Waikiki Beach
Open Bar in the evenings
Great Breakfast included
Valet Parking Staff- Great customer service and professionals.
Pillow top of the King bed! Great sleep quality!

The Cons:
Valet charges $20.00 plus tip a night (not included in resort fee)
Decoration In-room is very corporate
AC in our room wasnt working propertly
Not Personalize service (They don't call you by name and we traveled as a couple and they gave us a two Queen bedroom)
Pool was very small for the amount of rooms this property has and it was full of kids and closes at 10:00PM

Even though I wasn't a fan of the Embassy Suites Waikiki I enjoyed my trip to Ohau and like I said, It's great for family with kids, not for couples.

Room Tip: Aloha Tower better than the South one. King bed matresses are awesome!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this property from October 10-17 of 2012. The room was in fairly clean condition. I did have to ask for a new pillow case, however housekeeping was always around and extremely friendly and accommodating. Check in was a breeze and valet was always prompt. Manager's reception and breakfast was great and certainly added a bonus to my trip. Workout room was nice, but a couple machines were out of order for our stay.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for families, but couples as well. Extremely close to all the shops and the beach. If you can find a good rate, I say if in doubt, GO FOR IT! I loved it and will return back there.

Room Tip: Anything on the 17th floor will do.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Seal Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Waikiki Beach Walk Embassy Suites hotel, a relative newcomer to the Waikiki hotel scene. Large, suite style rooms, full breakfast and manager's happy hour ( free mai tais!) included for about 2/3rds of what our friends paid for a smaller hotel down the street. However they could walk out the hotel and onto the beach while we had to walk a little further. That wasn't a problem for us. Because of the afforementioned ammentities, a lot of families use this hotel, so the pool area gets busy. Location is great...right across the street from the beautiful and quiet Halekulani where we would go each night for after dinner drinks.
Another advantage...the cabs there were stretch limos and one was always waiting when we needed it . Felt like celebrities! If you fit the criteria, ask for the senior discount...saved us a bundle.

Room Tip: Higher floors will get you further away from the street nosie which is hard to escape in Waikiki.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Coronado, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just got back from 5 days in Waikiki at Embassy Suites. We did not want to leave!!! The location was fantastic. The employees were extremely helpful and very friendly - everyone had a smile...

Check in was a breeze. We were originally given a 1-bedroom suite on the 3rd floor. We called the front desk and asked for a higher floor. We were given a 2 bedroom suite on the 7th floor. We didn't have an ocean view, but we did have a view of the courtyard and were able to watch the Halloween antics from our balcony.

The happy hour entertainment was great. We loved the band that played several nights. On Saturday night, there was a traditional Hawaiian dance and song event performed by a local school. What a great show and darling performers.

The breakfast was great! Happy hour was great, too. The only complaint I have is that the snacks for Happy Hour were pretty boring and were pretty much the same thing every night. It would have been nice to have a little more variety AND popcorn!! :)

Concierge was very nice and gave us some great ideas. We didn't use their services but we'll be back and may use them next time.

If you are willing to walk a little, I recommend the City A Express Bus to the USS Arizona. It only takes about 40 minutes from McCully St (about a 10 minute walk from Embassy Suites) and it only cost $2.50!!!

Room Tip: The Hula Tower is closer to the water and might have more ocean view rooms. We were in the Aloha To...
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We have just returned home from a 10 night trip to Waikiki, staying at the Embassy Suites with my husband and 2 nine year old boys.

We were so excited as it was our first time to Hawaii, but I must admit our first impression wasn't a great one. The staff member who checked us in upon our early arrival was on the grumpy side and not overly friendly. I mentioned that my travel agent had put in a request for a high floor in a room away from the lift, and he just told us our room was on level 10 and that was that. Of course we got to our room to find we were directly next to the lift! It was a disappointing start to our trip, and as the hotel was full we were unable to move to another room for our first night. As I didn't want to deal with the same staff member who checked us in, I waited until later in the day when the next lot of staff were on reception and was very lucky to come across an absolutely wonderful girl by the name of Malia. She couldn't have been more helpful and immediately checked the availability of another room for us. Unfortunately there wasn't anything available for our first night, but she did find a room on a higher level and at the far end of the hall for the rest of our stay... in a corner suite. I'm so happy we did because I could hear the lift going up and down all night in our original room! I will definitely be contacting the hotel to sing the praises of Malia as she was so friendly, helpful and remembered us... even getting us a special fruit drink each day (which is only usually offered upon arrival) as my boys loved the juice. Everything was done with a smile and nothing was too much trouble.

We ended up staying on the 15th floor of the Hula Tower on the corner suite, which had a long balcony facing one beach and another balcony (off the lounge area) facing another part of the beach. It was a good sized room with plenty of space for all of us, and a much better layout than the room we had originally been put into. It's definitely worth asking for a room on a high level and away from the lift!

The hotel itself is lovely with a great pool (especially for kids as it's only 4 feet at the deepest end), fabulous manager's drinks and nibbles from 5.30pm to 7.30pm each night (cocktails, wine, beer and soft drinks), and they even have a band a few nights a week... a father and his 3 sons, who were great! The breakfast was good with a selection of fruit, pastries, sausages, bacon, white rice, miso soup, potatoes... and 2 chefs who will cook eggs any way you like. The concierge were helpful with booking tours etc and the valets were always happy and friendly. I can highly recommend a massage by the pool too!

The location was perfect for us with plenty of restaurants and shops nearby, and the beach just across the road. It was also fairly quiet and we were far enough away from the centre of Waikiki so there weren't any crowds. For us having a suite was ideal as our boys slept on the sofa bed and we had our own separate bedroom. Much better than having us all squashed in to one room.

We had a tsunami warning while we were there and the staff were very calm and happy to answer our questions and let us know what we needed to do. It was obviously scary for us having never gone through anything like that before, but we were put at ease.

We wouldn't hesitate on going back to the Embassy Suites and will be recommending it to friends and family. But I will tell them not to be put off if they get a grumpy person to check them in because everything else about the hotel was fabulous!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor away from the lifts... preferably a corner suite as they have a bette...
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed for 6nights, rooms are clean good size, staff friendly, they have breakfast and also managers drinks at night which is the cost of a tip which includes spirits and cocktails. We got speedy shuttle from the airport which as $29.10 for 2 adults 1way. A cab was $30 + tip which was quicker which is a better option. 1block from the beach, lots of restaurants. There is a shuttle ou get from tump which takes you to waikelle shopping centre $5 each way per person, you book at the trump hotel as the bus gets full. Just remember that when you get off the bus get your return time as otherwise you could be stuck there longer than you may want and costs heaps to get a cab back to Waikiki.

Room Tip: If they say they upgrade you be careful as they tend to put you next to the lifts which can be noisy...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk? Share your experiences!