I looked long and hard for other family accommodation options in Waikiki but determined the Embassy Suites remained the best choice for us. I was not disappointed. The all-suite hotel is very good indeed and well suited to families with young children.
The location is excellent with immediate access to some great eating and entertainment options in and around Lewers St. The hotel is one block back from the beach and many rooms lack spectacular views that can be found elsewhere.
I stayed on Level 15 where there was no street noise. Room 1506 was across from the elevators and no noise there either.
Room cleanliness was excellent with the chambermaid (Jenny) doing a first class job. Room amenities were also very good with two LED TVs with about 40 channels available. Sleep quality was excellent as the beds are very comfortable. There is a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. The WiFi internet access was surprisingly good (and free). The room appeared to have been recently refurbished and all furniture and fittings were in excellent condition.
Breakfast is included and is generally of good quality. The cooked-to-order omlettes are excellent. Some of the other options get a little boring during longer stays and the 'orange juice' is pretty awful. Fruit is plentiful and very high quality.
The Manager's Drinks session (5:30 - 7:30 every evening) is a really good feature. The Mai Tais taste great and they sure pack a real punch. The included snacks are basic e.g. chips, peanuts Doritos etc. There is live entertainment 4 nights a week and the Hawaiian band is pretty good. The price is right - everything is included in your room rate.
The swimming pool is great for young children but not really suitable for adults wanting to relax or do laps. The pool is about 6m x 20m with an adjacent hot spa and small section for infants to paddle around. Water cleanliness was excellent but there is no lifeguard on duty.
I found hotel staff to be genuinely friendly and efficient. I was able to get an early check-in although the hotel was near capacity.
During peak seasons, this hotel is not cheap and less expensive hotel rooms are easy to find. For me, the value of a separate bedroom, good breakfast, free cocktails and internet access is worth the extra room cost. And the smile on my daughter's face every evening before bedtime said it all.
This is a very good hotel and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk is ideal for family vacations, romantic escapes, social gatherings or group retreats. All of our guests enjoy spacious suite accommodations, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast daily, and our nightly Manager’s Reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hotel Honolulu
- Embassy Suites Honolulu
- Honolulu Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Oahu
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hawaii/Honolulu