We stayed at the Embassy Suites in April 2012. The hotel was in a prime location in downtown Waikiki, located steps away from the beach, restaurants, and shopping. Our room had a living room, kitchenette (table/chairs, sink, microwave, mini-fridge), and separate bedroom. There was a small patio with chairs that you could get to from both the livingroom and bedroom doors. We opted to not pay the extra price for an ocean view room but we had a decent view of the city skyline. Rooms were clean (although a little worn), and beds were comfy. Staff was very friendly. We took advantage of the free breakfast each morning, which included made to order omelettes, fruits, bagels, muffins, yogurt, bacon, sausage, cereals, and lots more. The food was good, although the menu stayed the same every day. They also had a a Manager’s Reception each evening which included free drinks, snacks and live music most nights. The snacks were pretty minimal – pretzels, tortilla chips and salsa, hot cheese, fish crackers, potato chips, and nuts -- not all at the same time, just a basic mix of the above each evening. Drinks were a couple kinds of draft beer and assorted mixed drinks. We waited in line for one drink, which we tossed out after a couple sips -- husband didn't like the choice of draft beer and I did not like my mixed drink. From then on we just wandered through on our way to dinner and grabbed a handful of pretzel to eat on our journey, or stayed for a few songs from the band. The hotel had a Roy's restaurant which was pretty pricey (but then, everything in Hawaii was). I think there was another restaurant as well, but there were so many other restaurants within walking distance as well as lots of shopping. Pool was a bit small, but we didn't spend much time there.
We booked several excursions during our week stay in Waikiki:
- Pearl Harbor, USS Missouri, USS Arizona Memorial, and a drive by of the Punchbowl with Polynesian Adventure Tour. I would recommend this tour and company.
- Rainforest hike to view a waterfall with Oahu Nature Tours. I would recommend this tour but NOT if you are also visiting the Island of Hawaii. There are much more spectacular waterfalls there for much lest cost to visit.
- Starlight Luau at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. I chose this luau because of the complaints about the food at most of the other ones. It was just a short walk from our hotel to the 6th floor rooftop of the Hilton. Food was great and LOTS of it to choose from. The show was entertaining.
- 6 hour kayak/snorkeling trip with Two-Good Kayaks. This adventure was by far the most memorable. If you book this trip, be sure to request KEVIN as your guide -- he was fun, very knowledgeable, and safety minded.
- Hiked to the top of Diamond Head Crater. This was a free excursion for us. We opted to walk to Diamond Head from our hotel which took us about an hour, uphill most of the way. Not sure I would recommend walking from our hotel -- we were pooped by the time we got to our destination, then we still had to climb to the top of the crater which was about 1.6 miles round trip. It took us another hour to climb to the top and back down. Well worth it though.
All in all, a decent hotel, but the area is VERY VERY touristy with lots of shopping, restaurants, and hotels. I would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk is ideal for family vacations, romantic escapes, social gatherings or group retreats. All of our guests enjoy spacious suite accommodations, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast daily, and our nightly Manager’s Reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hotel Honolulu
- Embassy Suites Honolulu
- Honolulu Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Oahu
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hawaii/Honolulu