My husband and I traveled to Oahu with our 2 young children (ages 3 and 5) for 9 days based heavily on the reviews on this site for the Embassy Suites. We were not disappointed. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a friendly bell staff and escorted to the front desk where Jay greeted us with cold drinks and quickly checked us in. We were booked in a city view room on the 10th floor. After spending a brief period of time in the room, we decided to see if an upgrade was available with ocean views (this room offered no views) and called the front desk. Jay highly recommended an oceanview room on the 20th floor in the adjacent tower. The $50 a night upgrade we spent for this room was the best money spent on our trip- what a difference this room made! The living area was much larger and there were 2 separate sliding doors leading to the balcony (one looked directly at the ocean, the other was of the ocean and city views), as well as a 3rd door to the city/ocean view balcony from the bedroom. Rooms were clean and comfortable with flat screens in both the living room and bedroom (no DVD player). The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. The wet bar featured a small fridge, microwave, sink and coffee maker. A very pleasant surprise was our housekeeper, Yuet, who was phenomenal. Every day in the hall she greeted us by name and she was so friendly and accommodating- always asking if we needed anything and giving us plenty of towels for the beach and extra coffee when she noticed that we drank all that she put in the room. However, on the days she had off, housekeeping was much different as our room was still not cleaned by late afternoon and it was mediocre at best on those days (coffee wasn't replaced, floors were not vacuumed, seemed like making beds and putting towels in were the only thing done those days). Yuet was a big part of making our stay more comfortable and we left her a nice tip at the end of our stay to show our appreciation.
We were concerned about the distance to the beach from the hotel but this was not a problem at all - the beach is directly across the street and a very quick and easy walk.
Breakfast service was very efficient with the large crowds, and the buffet offered a large selection of fresh fruit, traditional American style breakfast items as well as a few Japanese items (miso soup and rice). It was very well staffed and tables were cleared quickly.
The manager's reception was also done quite well - the bartenders (Dennis was a favorite) were very friendly and poured strong drinks. The bar is directly next to the pool so kids can swim close by during the reception and there are plenty of tables and chairs surrounding this area so it never felt crowded.
I do not recommend the room service. The food was not good and pizza arrived badly burned one night (our front desk friend Jay promptly removed the charge). However, there are plenty of nice restaurants located in the hotel (Ruth's Chris, Roy's) and others very close by, so if you're staying in for the night it's worth a quick run over to a nearby restaurant for carry out. The best are the tiny Japanese restaurants within a block of the hotel which were so small the front desk staff didn't even know about them- wondeful, authentic food if you're looking for something off the beaten path and out of the crowded, commercialized restaurant world of Waikiki. The international market is a fun culinary scene too (about a 10 minute walk from the hotel).
This is definitely a family hotel, so if you do not wish to be amongst a pile of kids in the pool, this may not be the hotel for you, but if you are traveling with young children who have fun making new friends it is a great option. The staff is friendly, the hotel is clean and comfortable, and is a great value for this type of property- we were very pleased with our stay and would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk is an all-suite hotel featuring 1 and 2-bedroom suites with private bedroom(s), separate living room, and kitchenette. All of our guests enjoy complimentary full Made-to-Oder Breakfast daily, nightly Evening Poolside Reception, Wi-Fi, and more, and No Resort Fees. The hotel is located steps to Waikiki Beach and in the heart of Waikiki Beach Walk, Waikiki's newest shopping, dining, and entertainment district. In addition to the extra space, added value, and great location that makes our hotel so unique, it is the genuine Hawaiian hospitality of our staff that we are most proud of. Come experience the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hotel Honolulu
- Embassy Suites Honolulu
- Honolulu Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Oahu
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hawaii/Honolulu