“Brilliant Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Renew by Aston

Save Saved
You added Hotel Renew by Aston to your Saves list
Hotel Renew by Aston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   129 Paoakalani Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Offers & Announcements
Exclusive 15% Off - $169
Ranked #14 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Brilliant Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our whole experience was great. A very nice modern and stylish hotel with great service.

Minutes from the beach, some great restaurants and a short stroll to all the best shopping.

If you stay make sure you stop by the bar and say Hi to Monica, she was incredibly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Renew_by_Aston, Director of Marketing at Hotel Renew by Aston, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Aloha and mahalo! We’re glad that you chose to stay with Hotel Renew by Aston. I will be sure to share your kind words with Monica. Thank you so much and we’d love to have you visit us again!

1,739 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Clean, close to the beach, friendly staff. Stayed for four days in early August 2013, room was spacious and clean. On the day where my air con wasn't working, had a guy up to fix it in less than five minutes and had it running again in less than 20 minutes. Impressive!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Aloha and thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Renew by Aston. I’m happy to hear that our team member was able to assist and fix the air conditioner quickly. We understand how important it is to have a nice and relaxing room, and always do our best to make our guests comfortable and happy. We're pleased to hear that you had a stay nice stay overall, and hope to welcome you back sometime soon.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was a nice, comfortable hotel about a block away from Waikiki Beach. Near the zoo and Diamond Head crater. The rooms were small, but clean and modern with very comfortable bedding (though only double beds -- small when you have 4 people in the room). I found the rooms a bit dark. I prefer brighter lighting. You could control all the lighting from a bedside console, which was nice. I've never seen that anywhere else. Nice TV. No self parking -- only valet parking. The traffic in the area is crazy -- lots of congestion and one way streets. If I return, I will take a cab to my hotel and walk to get around, taking a cab or a tour if I need to go further away. I didn't used my car in the two days I was there except to drive up to Diamond Head at the 6 am park opening to see the sun rise from the top. Free continental breakfast did the trick, but apart from the fruit was not particularly healthy. It was pretty much muffins, pastries, orange juice, and coffee. No whole grains or cereals. I did not try the free internet. Free newspapers in the lobby. Friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Aloha and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hotel Renew by Aston is favored amongst travelers who are comfortable in a smaller, more intimate environment. Perhaps on your next trip, we can help you to reserve two rooms. We welcome and appreciate your comments. Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you again.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Hotel was very nice - our room was pretty standard but perfectly adequate and very clean. Breakfast was included- fresh fruit and pastries in the foyer with plenty of tea/coffee and juice available.
The staff were extremely nice at the hotel. They all spoke each time they saw you and we're very polite, friendly and helpful.
The hotel is in a side road opposite the beach and at the end of the main hotel area of Waikiki. To us this was an advantage as it was on the edge of the madness and chaos that is Honolulu!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with Hotel Renew by Aston. We’re happy you enjoyed your stay and glad you liked our continental breakfast. We hope to have you stay with us again soon. Thank you.
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

It's nice to be greeted with pineapple juice and cold face towels at check in.
The staff always made us feel like royalty.This is a top notch service oriented hotel with genuine, friendly employees. I enjoyed the size of this small boutique hotel, it's just right to keep every guest happy, comfortable and feeling spoiled.

Complimentary Buffet Breakfast;
Assorted pastries, cereal, oatmeal, numerous selection of local fruits, coffee, tea, milk, great fresh island juices, etc is held in the foyer area. If you need a heavier breakfast, remember you are just steps away from a large variety of full service restaurants all along the beach strand. I found the breakfast satisfying & nutritious enough to hold me till lunch. I always enjoyed the friendly staff & family atmosphere of the breakfast gatherings while meeting other fellow travelers.

Room;
Our room had very nice decor & was absolutely clean, with pleasant fresh linens. We enjoyed a partial view of the ocean with below views of a neighboring hotel. Our room was 2 floors above that hotel's pool area. At first I was a bit worried about its proximity to our room, but it was a mute point. We could also see & hear all the happenings along that stretch of Waikiki. All of Waikiki comes alive at night, but the hullabaloo from the hotel below & beach was never a problem during our 3 days.

Beach Location;
Another nice thing, you can lay out on the beach just steps away from our hotel and enjoy a white sandy beach under a few palm trees.That part of Waikiki, in front of our hotel, is one of the larger sand areas compared to other frontage spots. Unfortunately each time I return to Waikiki (and this is not the hotel’s fault) I’m so very sad to see the sandy beach of all Wakiki is disappearing into the sea, its getting smaller & smaller.

In conclusion, I certainly can recommend Hotel Renew. Each time I travel, I always like to stay at a different hotel, but I would stay at Hotel Renew again because of its value, location & service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aloha and thank you for staying with Hotel Renew by Aston. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would love to have you both back soon! Thank you so much for your kind words. Take care and mahalo.
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Perfect for my needs. I needed a stopover for a long haul to Costa Rica. I had stayed at the Sheraton Waikiki last December and it was fine too but much more expensive but the quality at the Hotel Renew is just the same without the pool, bars, shopping and restaurants ... but hey they are all just out the front door for you as is the beach ... so you don't need them anyways! Made a friend with Kasi the Rock'n'Rol star come excellent cocktail making bar tender, played ukelele to her while she mixed her magic along with other hotel patrons at the bar, all enjoying each others company with simple fun ... Thanx for the Kings of Spade T-Shirt Kasi ( thats her band, check them out on YouTube ... its my new stage shirt ;-) ... Stay at the Hotel Renew, save your money but have the same quality of accommodation and service, hang with Kasi for a cocktail and chat before you go out or when you come back for a nightcap ... the reception staff we're excellent as well, sorry I can't remember names but I remember your faces and personalities ... Its a great little hotel... and if your into yoga Waikiki Hot Yoga is great too!! ... See ya Kasi !! Long live Rock 'n' Roll ... ( chat soon on Facebook ... ;-))

Room Tip: The rooms on the beach side have views to the ocean ;-)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Aloha Marcus. We’re happy to hear that you chose Hotel Renew by Aston as your stopover before you headed to Costa Rica. I’ll be sure to send Kasi your kind words. We’re happy that she and our front desk team made your stopover an enjoyable and memorable one. We now offer our guests convenient access to a full-service fitness facility and two resort pools nearby. Please come back anytime for a visit and we’d love to see you again. Mahalo!
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I could not believe the service upon arrival. Immediately I was offered a cold towel and beverage. The hotel itself is absolutely stunning and up to date. The lobby alone was beautiful enough to unpack my bags and stay in! The room was very comfortable and retro, and the view from our window was breathtaking. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I have a new favorite place and will most definitely be back! If you want to enjoy all Hawaii has to offer, Hotel Renew is the place to go. The aloha spirit, the views and close proximity to the beach are everything you imagine when you think of Hawaii. Love this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Aloha and a big mahalo Sara. Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words. We really appreciate it. We’re glad that you chose to stay with Hotel Renew by Aston and would love to have you stay here again. Take care.

Been to Hotel Renew by Aston? Share your experiences!