“Great Boutique Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Renew by Aston

Save Saved
You added Hotel Renew by Aston to your Saves list
Hotel Renew by Aston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   129 Paoakalani Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Offers & Announcements
Exclusive 15% Off - $169
Ranked #14 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Lusby, Maryland
“Great Boutique Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My mom and I stayed here for two nights on our way back from 2 weeks in Australia February 27 and 28, 2013. Our travel agent put us in the Renew because she said it would be a perfect spot to rejuvenate after the long flights and two weeks of walking about in Australia. When we walked into the lobby, I immediately felt welcome and relaxed. The staff was amazing. They present you with a galss of fresh pineapple juice and a cool, moist lemon scented towel for your face. Check-in was seamless as was the checkout. The owner of Renew, Dan was a class act and I had the pleasure of chatting with him at their Wednesday afternoon guest mixer happy hour in the cute hotel bar. The beautiful and outgoing bartender Jackie made me feel welcome as well and she made me some great drinks. You must try her pineapple mojito! Dan and Jackie also gave me a great tip on a restaurant for that evening. The rooms were not too small as some have written. They were big enough for us. The decor of the hotel is very fen shui and just makes you feel relaxed. I loved the free use of beach towels and beach chairs too. All the trolleys, buses and most tour groups have a stop less than 200 feet from the hotel. Noise was not an issue for us. The beach is only 50 steps or so from the front door. I do plan to go back and spened a week there next March for my birthday.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

1,743 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Maui
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff for sure and I like the boutique environment. Room seemed dark and dirty, besides the white bed. The carpet felt sticky- slippers went on immediately. I moved the bedside table to find a plug and I wish I never had- so dirty and dusty- gross! Lack of detail for cleanliness thats for sure. I would have checked out but it was too late in the evening at that point. Bathroom was small, but adequate. For the price I would rather stay somewhere else. Would not go back. Too bad because I was hoping for more.

• Stayed January 2013
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed four nights early March. Great location being only half a block to Waikiki beach. Room very roomy, bed comfortable and the view from the window fabulous. The staff were very helpful and many thanks to Paul for arranging our tour of Oahu. The juice and cold towel on arrival was a nice welcome. The continental breakfast and all day refreshment stand very nice too. All in all great value and great location

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The decor was fantastic, the continental breakfast was plentiful, the location is superb, 1 block from the beach and in the middle of everything. The staff are extremely professional and very pleasant. All in all we had a great time. No pool or restaurant, but the ABC shop is right next door

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Renew for 2 nigthts. This hotel is only 1 block from the beach and it looks small tucked between two very large hotels but it is quiet and has all the amenaties we needed. The beds were very comfortable and we didn't hear a lot of noise from the streets. The bathroom was a little small but very serviceable. There was plenty of closet space with a safe in the room to proctect valabules. The staff couldn't have been nicer. We received a cold moist towel and a glass of juice while we checked in. We arrived early so they tagged our luggage and put it in storage untill our room was ready. The next day when I inquired about transportation to Pearl Harbor they called for a shuttle to pick us up. It was only $32.00 round trip for the 2 of us. They offered a complimentary continental breadfast of rolls, coffee, tea, & juice. They allowed me to print my boarding passes off their computer and stored our bags again when we checked out, as our flight didn't leave until late that night. The best part of their service was the use of a room set aside for use to clean up before we had to leave for the airport. This was really nice as we spent our day touring up and down the Waikiki beach area and were in need of a wash and clean clothes before we traveled home. Not the fanciest of hotels but the best value for your money you could find. We would stay here again.

Hallidays Pt Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Bed was comfy and room was very clean. The renovations make a really nice modern room. I had a nice view of beach from side balcony . Convenient for tour pick ups , easy bus access. Was a noisy street though ......continental breakfast included. Easy walk to shops .
I would recommend this hotel if you plan to be out all day as the constant beeping noises from shuttles, buses and trolleys can be loud and irritating .

• Stayed March 2013
Honolulu,HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a great value, location, rooms! Plus a wonderful continental breakfast is included in the bar area!!! Very intimate and quiet and away from the roar of the nightlife which is an easy stroll away; in the center of Waikiki; a block away from the beach; on a quiet side street!!!

Room Tip: off of street side