“Nice place to stay; negative reviews very misleading.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Schofield Barracks

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Honolulu
Inn at Schofield Barracks
You added Inn at Schofield Barracks to your Saves list
563 Kolekole Avenue, Wahiawa, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96786   |
Ranked #82 of 83 Hotels in Honolulu
Dayton, Ohio, USA
“Nice place to stay; negative reviews very misleading.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed three entire weeks working long hours using their internet connection and had a wonderful stay. Not sure what the negative reviews here are all about. Staff was super helpful and friendly. Rooms were spotless, tidy, looked clean, and smelled great. Fridge and coffee maker were great to have. Convenience store and restaurant at the Inn were handy. Location was super; you can walk across the street to the Kolekole bar and grill which is also friendly. Grounds keeping is very nice with fountains, statutes, etc. Internet connectivity was fine and the grounds are quiet at night so you can sleep. Individual thermostat can be set to keep room crispy cool. Laundry facility was great; $1 wash, $1 dry and good capacity. Recommendations: bring your earplugs for nighttime use if the sound of strong air conditioning bothers you (I rather enjoyed the white noise and the cool room); ask for a room nearest the laundry and you can just pop next door and put your laundry in. Parking is great. You can get a nightcap and walk home from the Kolekole across the street. Very short walk to the Bx, food court, post office, mini-Bx, UPS store, Baskin Robins, etc. View of the mountains is gorgeous. Fun to watch the soldiers run and call cadences down Kolekole Rd. in the mornings. If you want to stay at the Waikiki Hilton, then please go stay there. But do not mislead folks - this truly was a great place to stay and I'll stay there again if I return. You will not find nicer folks anywhere.

Room Tip: It was great having the room next to the Laundry; you can just pop next door to do your laundry or b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

So we are expected to stay in this hotel that does not except pets. They will not give you the unavailability slip with the exception of a pet if they have the room for you. They expect you to board your pet while you have to stay in this so called Inn! You are not allowed to bring in any small kitchen appliances (rice cookers, crock pots, toaster ovens or so on) to make your pcs move easier on you and your family. They do give you a microwave that I hear works half the time or shuts off the electricity to you room when it does work. Tell me why the Army can not provide a more suitable place or why we cannot bring in other small kitchen appliances to make our family lives easier. This hotel is not saving the army any money with this Inn!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

As we say in the military, I'm about to serve the Inn a $h1t sandwich ... the best thing about this common motel is that it's located on Schofield, because there aren't any other hotels on or near post. If you're PCSing or on TDY with business on Schofield or Wheeler, it is an adequate place to sleep. That said, the owner is the kind of person who insists on having only Fox on in the reception area, which is also the grill, video rental and junk food purchasing station. No sports, no cartoons for the kids, only rightwing propaganda that satisfys maybe 30% of the adult guests. The staff is friendly enough, and I don't fault them for minor problems, but paying about $125 (after taxes) per night is high for what should be Army Lodging. Outsourcing on-post temporary accomodations to non-military corporations or investors leads to doing things on the cheap to maximise profits. That's not Army values. If you have a rental car and TQSE/TQSA, stay at a nice place, even the Hale Koa, but don't waste your money on a common, expensive version of Motel Six.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere if you have a car, and if you do have a POV, parking at the inn is usually crowded an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Honolulu
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Our family has relocated to Hawaii. We stayed here for a month and the only upside is the small store located on the premises. There is no gym, no kitchen area, no play area for kids. Staff will not allow children to play with any type of projectile toy, ie plastic ball, frisbee or toss anything around in the courtyard area. Room Service comes everyday and will come knock on your door regardless if you have a do not disturb sign on the window. I work evenings from 1am to 11am while we are waiting to move into our new home. I sleep during the day. One day I decided to put the do not disturb sign on the door since housekeeping comes everyday. Housekeeping continued to knock on the door anyway, then came in the room and continued to yell out "Ma'am, Ma'am to wake me up as I was sleeping in the bed!" She continued to make me allow her access to clean the room when I stated to her I was a sleep as well as told them we do not require service today. Not to mention the do not disturb sign on the door. This has been the worst experience staying in a hotel I have ever encountered. It is way over priced for the lack of accomodations. There are basic hotel rooms nothing extravagant or nice quality. You have a mini fridge, microwave and sink in your room only. The internet is horrible, the connection speeds are similiar to dial up. If you can avoid this place I would recommend staying at the other military lodging if your pcsing and using TLA. You will save your family and you tons of heartache unless your staying for 1 week or less it would be mild enjoyment.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Franklin, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed here about two years ago when helping my daughter and children unite with their military husband/dad. We were there a few weeks and it was clean, the maid service was excellent, there was a little space under the door but a towel under the door would solve that issue. There was a laundry facility, convenience store, area for children to play. I have fond memories of our time there.

Room Tip: We were on the upper level and they have elevators. Maybe it is quieter on the upper level.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This place is freaking terrible, the only thing it has going for it is location. The one inch gap under the door keeps me up as it let's in a lot of light, the a/c is loud and the internet is about as fast and fun as watching wall paper dry. I have online classes, I can't have my internet this slow. It's like I'm back in the 90's where I also fall asleep waiting for the connect and loading of the first page. I tried calling the front desk to ask a simple question, was put on hold and completely forgotten about. I had to personaly go to the front desk for a question that could have been answered in 2 seconds. When my wife and I first got to Hawaii, they didn't answer the phone call, and we went on to the next hotel off post. As soon as we got all checked in to the hotel off post, we got a call from here yelling at us because we were suppose to be there instead even though we were told they didn't think there was room for us the day before we flew in. Extremely unprofessional. If you can avoid it, DON'T stay here.

• Stayed May 2012
Schofield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Despite being close to the px/commissary/whatever, the prices on post are just as high as anywhere on the island if not higher. As an example, I needed to replace my ps3 shortly after arriving to schofield and the px had one system for $399. Even though you don't pay taxes in the px, it was still cheaper to buy the system from a local gamestop. Why do you need to be near something more expensive? Food?! You can actually find better deals if you are willing to make the drive. I only shopped once at the commissary and that was when I first got here. I have been shopping everywhere else since. The only thing convenient about the inn is being directly on schofield so you don't have to deal with incoming/outgoing traffic for PT/Morning/Lunch/After work times. The location is terrible; it is located right on the corner of a traffic intersection and because there are so many people who have engine exhaust louder than a jet engine it reverberates through the inn and it is amplified when you are in the room. It is even worse when people drive by and have their bass systems up, the walls literally vibrate. For the price they charge for the rooms you would think the internet speed would at least be decent enough to compensate for the dull channel lineup they have on their tv...nope. The internet speed is so slow and bogged down you will literally be happy just to get anything above 500Kb down speed (which is the average even during the day). With todays websites being highly media capable, 500Kb down speed is not even enough to load the page without falling asleep. It's not even enough speed to watch your own netflix account and even that is a crapshoot as all internet traffic is monitored by trolls. My cellphone got better data speeds than this crap service they call internet here. They don't want you to enjoy your time here but they want to charge you a ridiculous amount for it. Do yourselves a favor, have the service member come ahead of time to secure housing so you don't have to deal with this bs inn. If you are intent on bringing your family out while you in process and wait for housing you might as well get started on securing temporary lodging any where but here. You won't regret not staying here.

Room Tip: Don't bother with this place. TLA or not, it's not worth it!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honolulu
BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel
Marina Tower Waikiki
Marina Tower Waikiki
#72 of 83 in Honolulu
3.0 of 5 stars 141 reviews

Been to Inn at Schofield Barracks? Share your experiences!