“Highlight of our trip to Waikiki!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantis Submarines

Atlantis Submarines
Hilton Hawaiian Village, Honolulu, Oahu, HI (Waikiki)
808 973 9811
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$61*
and up
Ranked #132 of 356 Activities in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Atlantis Submarines offers an eye-opening journey traveling below the surface to visit shipwrecks, a sunken airplane and other reef structures brimming with exotic marine life. During your 90-minute tour, you’ll explore in a submersible that has a spacious air-conditioned interior, large view ports and comfortable seating. If you haven’t experienced ocean depths before, this tour is the way to get a taste of what you’ve been missing.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
Sacramento, California
11 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our trip to Waikiki!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My teen son and I went on this together and thought it was an amazing experience! We went on the Premium experience, so that we would go by the shipwrecks and plane wrecks. We saw a lot of beautiful fish, several sea turtles, and a few spotted rays. The visibility was fantastic! My husband and other older son went on it the next weekend, and saw a lot of fish, and a few scuba divers, but no turtles or rays. So I guess you never know what luck you'll have, but the experience to dive down and then rise in a sub was very cool regardless!

Visited July 2013

Crete, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
“A chance to be in a sub, people were bored”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Look, this is a chance to ride in a sub. The reality is you can see more fish in the aquarium. You go down and drive by a bunch of underwater structures they built to attract fish. Every tour is different, maybe you see something, maybe you don't.
Inside it is comfortable but loud. The guide talking was a joke, she didn't have much to say and when she was talking you could not hear her because all the kids are talking and it is loud.
The views are good if there is something to see. Would not recommend.

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“Great sub trip, bad end!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a little pricey and if you're into scuba diving or even like to snorkel then I don't think I'd waste the money on it. For 2 adults and 1 child it's over $300. Saying that though we did enjoy it and our little girl had a great time. The fish and sights are OK. The sub is really nice and the boat trip to the sub is nice too. Here comes the bad part. When you get off the boat at the end there are staff directing you back to the shuttles to return to your hotel. We wanted to grab some lunch and have a look around Hilton Village. After I explained this the guy directing us said the restaurants were way overpriced and not even very good. He said we could jump a shuttle to ala moana mall and they had great places for lunch, then simply jump a free shuttle back to our hotel. Sounded good. Got on the shuttle and then, maybe, halfway to the mall we pull up outside some creepy jewelry factory. The driver abruptly tells us to get off and if we want to get to the mall we have to take a tour. There were several groups on the shuttle and none of us had any idea this was going to happen. Not happy to say the least. Advice is to do the sub trip but on no account get suckered into the mall trip. Scam end to what could have been a nice day. Plus I'm sure Hilton Village won't be happy to hear the Atlantis Workers are bad naming their restaurants!

Seattle, Washington
52 attraction reviews
“Don't waste your money or time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had read the reviews before purchasing tickets, but had heard some good things, so we thought we would try it. We also got military pricing of about $50 each, (as opposed to $117 or so for general public) so figured that wasn't too bad. Waiting to get onto the boat "shuttle", though, we saw a lot of very unhappy faces on people coming in from their ride. The shuttle out to the sub was fun as they pointed out a few things of interest and we were able to see a sub come to the surface, but that's where the fun ended. We filed onto the sub and took our seats. The water was very hazy - I know they have no control over that, but the audio was so bad that I couldn't understand hardly a word. We saw one turtle swim past, but it was so hazy that it was difficult to make out. I shot video of the entire thing with a high quality camera, could barely see the turtle but couldn't see what it was. The only thing that turned out were when a couple of larger (maybe foot long?) fish swam right in front of my window. We only saw a handful of those, and an occasional small school of tiny fish. Nearly no color was visible other than the blue haze. One good thing is that, after I spoke with the ticketing manager, they refunded the price of one ticket. That was better than nothing, but the entire trip was a waste of money.

Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“not worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The fun is more of saying you've experienced a sub ride. Obviously the company can only do its best to show you marine life, but the hefty price tag isnt worth seeing a few fish and a turtle. I saw more while snorkeling and honestly it was a lot more fun