“Very Suprising and good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cheesecake Factory

Cheesecake Factory
2301 Kalakaua Ave, Ste 113, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-2969 (Waikiki)
808-924-5001
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Montreal, Canada
“Very Suprising and good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My first experience at this restaurant. A great selection of different foods from the menu. At first I found the menu a bit overwhelming cause I didn't know what to choose. The waitress was very helpful and after telling her what I liked to eat she suggested I try the Jamaican Black Pepper Shrimp and actually it was very delicious!! I like spicy food so it was a spicy jamaican dish with great sides. My husband had the Cocunut Shrimp-Chicken dish which was one of their specialty dishes. that was delicious too! The kids meal was very good too. I choose the original cheesecake which was actually pretty decadent. My husband choose the coconut chocolate cheese cake, which was ok. The atmosphere is loud and busy. We ended up eating at the bar because the wait for a table was 40 minutes. It ended up being a nice evening. The service was very good. Nothing negative to say it was a wonderful experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
White Rock, Canada
“OK Food, but Confused Over the Hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This place has to be the busiest restaurant in Waikiki. Regardless of the time, there always seems to be a huge crowd of people milling around in front of the restaurant waiting to get in. It's almost like the Disneyland of restaurants.

We decided to check it out for ourselves one evening and got our name on the wait list (1 hour and 10 minutes). We did some shopping for about 50 mins and then came back. We were seated in a section of little tables all side by side. There was only enough room between the tables for someone to slide between to get to their chair. It was a bit unnerving talking and eating with people sitting only a couple of feet of you on each side doing the same. I guess its needed given how many people want in, but not the most intimate setting. The place is also quite loud with live music going on and so many people jammed in.

The menu is massive. If Gordon Ramsay saw it, he would likely have a meltdown with the pages upon pages of offerings they have! The dessert menu is huge as well with tons of different cheesecake options. If you can't find something to eat on this menu, you probably aren't hungry.

Our food took a while to come given it was so busy and it was OK. I was expecting a bit more after hearing so many rave about it, but it was decent enough. As we were eating, I noticed alot of flashes going off around us. I started looking around a bit as I was eating and noticed many people taking pictures of all their dishes throughout the course of their meal - one pic of the dish when it arrived, another pic of them taking a bite, another pic with them giving the double "peace sign" over the dish, a pic of the empty plate...and then do it all over again for the next dish. Is there a secret Cheesecake Factory Foodie Blog Society I am not aware of? I think I understand why the waits are so long now :-)

Anyways, the food was decent enough, but I felt like a bunch of cattle jammed in at feeding time. Maybe if we had a booth or something it would have been a nicer setting.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kiama, Australia
“food food food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

great service so many choices of food that it was very hard to decide what to have. no dieting when on holidays in hawaii the plates of food where huge! had trouble even thinking about dessert .

Visited September 2013
“Great ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Great food here as always. Loses a star for lack-lustre service. We waited an hour and a half to be seated the least we could get is a smile from our waiter BEFORE we give him a tip

sydney
“good despite it's size”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

we had been told by friends that the cheesecake factory was a good option for lunch and dinner. the name could be confusing. it is a restaurant, but yes, it also has a huge range of cheesecakes to choose from either as dessert or to take away as cakes.

the first thing you notice is the size. it offers a decent size of outdoor tables, but is quite cavernous inside, split into several different sections. when we walked in and i saw this, my alarm bells instantly rang.

we were lucky to score an outside table, which if nothing else was lucky so as to avoid the cranked-up air conditioning inside. the staff were friendly and helpful, the menu itself was varied and the prices reasonable. we didn't have to wait too long for our food, and it was very good.

we didn't try any cheesecake so i can't comment there. the table next to us did though and i can say the servings were very generous - make sure you're either hungry or that you save some room during your meal.

Visited September 2013