“It is awesme....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magic Island

Magic Island
1201 Ala Moana Blvd, At the end of Ala Moana Beach Park, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96814
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
and up
Open-Door Helicopter Tour over Oahu
Ranked #29 of 240 things to do in Honolulu
“It is awesme....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Ever since I was a little girl growing up in Hawaii, this has always been my favorite beach. I went to Hawaii, in April of 2013; to take care of my mother. My mother had been suffering from low glucose level for some time. Therefore it was an emergency trip. I only stayed in Honolulu, for six days. I wish that it would have been a longer stay. My mother acted as if she did not need my help, so I escaped to Magic Island every chance that I had. I have not been back to Hawaii, since 1993 until April of 2013. It was an awesome visit.. I will do it again very soon. It was well worth the trip... I will always love you, Hawaii and you will forever be in my heart and soul.. You are my Island, my Hawaii Nei. Aloha

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Magic Island offers best vantage for Diamond Head Pix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Lovely family park is best for picture taking of Diamond Head. In addition, enjoy a picnic or swimming at the white beach.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Hawaii96815
Manila, Philippines
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Quiet place in Honolulu where locals go for Barbeques and just to chill or exercise..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Remember beginning of Hawaii Five o? The wave? The balcony? Those shots were taken from Magic Island. The Wave is a few hundred feet off the East seaward end of Magic Island (Which is not really an Island) a man made peninsula which is part of the Channel into the Alawai Canal and the Yacht Clubs. The Balcony is part of the Ilikai Hotel, the white hotel with blue trim, behind the Hawaii Yacht Club.
Magic island has its own little known lagoon at the southern seaward end, On the West side, is Ala Moana Beach Park Beach. Actually I think Magic Island is Part of Ala Moana Beach Park.

Visited July 2013
5 Thank sailtaal
England, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“really nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

i love to go magic island , its so peaceful , beautiful views of diamond head and you can see the airoplanes landing and taken off , palm trees and lovely plants there , yes go see next time in honolulu , its lovely

Visited August 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 234 helpful votes
“Spectacular colours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Magic Island is my favourite place for an afternoon stroll in Honolulu. You can watch the locals work out or have picnics, and there's always at least 1 couple of newlyweds taking pictures. It's peaceful and a great escape from all the tourists in Waikiki. The small lagoon beach is calm and clear, great for kids. The rock walls offer a great view. The best part are the colours! Red earth and turquoise water... Immensely beautiful.

Visited June 2013