“One floor above kiddie pool - you hear everything!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%!
Ranked #45 of 83 Hotels in Honolulu
San Antonio, Texas
“One floor above kiddie pool - you hear everything!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I was very disappointed - I researched for a terribly long time for a hotel in Waikiki that was quiet. This was NOT it!!!! I thought I had made a good choice - but this room is right above the Children's pool - we woke up to kids screaming at 8am almost every day. I know this is beyond control of the unit's owner - but....wow. Once we got there and heard the noise I felt like I should have just stayed at another hotel closer to the beach - don't know how much louder it could have been there than where we were.

Also - getting to the Aqua Palms is very difficult - you have to actually park in the parking garage to check in - which is very confusing if you've never been there. Especially because there's a gate that you need a key for - you need to call the lobby or follow the directions for Ihop (yes, Ihop also parks in this garage)

I read other reviews that said Eugenia's had it's own parking space but I had to pay $20 a day for parking. The front desk does not know ANYTHING about your unit so be prepared with info before you get there.

The unit feels kind of old and smelled musty when we got in (probably because the A/C had been off).

It's a little bit of a walk to get to the main stuff on Waikiki but isn't too far if you want to hit water (just walk around the Hilton). It's a great spot if you want to walk to the mall where they have cheap (well, cheap for Honolulu) food in the food court at the Ala Moana mall.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Korean first
long beach, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

This hotel was great! If you dont mind that there is no ocean view. Check in was fast, walked in and immediately attended to, and we were in our room in five minutes. The front desk staff were very helpful and very kind. The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable! We stayed in an updated room with a plasma tv. There was also small fridgerator and microwave. I liked the fact that the hotel room had free internet. We were also given a voucher for daily free continental breakfast next door. It was actually more than muffins and coffee... they actually had pancakes, sausage, fried rice and etc.
The rates at this hotel were pretty good. It made me ponder.....would i stay at a hotel with no view of the ocean but stay longer OR stay at a hotel WITH a ocean view and stay shorter...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed for 5 nights at Aqua Palms and Spa. We felt the hotel room was clean and adequate. We were able to control the temperature of the room quite easily, and the bathroom was again adequate. The location is very close to the Hilton and within a 5-10 minute walk to Waikiki Beach. We didn't use any room service while we were there, but did go to the swimming pool once -- which was pretty small, but well kept. We did take advantage of the couple's massage, which was quite nice. The concierge service was nice and helpful. We did enjoy the free (ethernet cable) internet in our room, something we came to appreciate when we stayed at another hotel that was $13 per day. We liked having the ability to map out and research stuff on the internet on a day-to-day basis.

Like I'm sure many hotels around Waikiki, the $20 per day for parking was an unwelcome surprise, but I would guess this is a pretty uniform rate. If you're planning not to travel around the rest of Oahu, pretty much everything in Waikiki is within a healthy walking distance -- even the Ala Moana Mall. So you may not even need to rent a car -- we did end up driving a little bit, but in hindsight, could have gotten by without a car (we're in our 30s and can walk pretty healthy distances into Waikiki). I would say the biggest criticism I have with Aqua Palms is the elevators. There are 3 elevators competing for 10 floors of rooms, and we (and other guests) were often waiting a LONG time for elevators. They might have had some trouble with one of them while we were there.

In summary, I think we got good value for our purchase. If you're looking to be blown away by the rooms, facilities and services, you'll need to pay more elsewhere, but if you want a solid, affordable and reliable place to put your stuff while you go explore Oahu, I think Aqua Palms is a good choice.

NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

We traveled to Honolulu from the east coast, a very long journey. Getting to the Aqua Palms was easy from the airport via shuttle. We were tired even tho it was only 6:30 HST. Upon arriving at the AP&S we were checked in in a fairly efficient manner. However, when we got to our room it was hardly the size of a broom closet. We had 2 large suitcases and 2 carry-ons. They wouldn't fit in the room. There was also not a safe in the room as had been advertised. While my husband went down to the desk to inquire about this, I retrieved our reservation confirmation. We had reserved a room with 2 queen beds or a king and a sofa bed. We were given a room with a double bed, barely fitting into the room and no sofa. Upon speaking with the desk clerk, we were informed that there were none of those rooms available. We were told that one might become available the next day. However, since we were only staying 2 nights (before leaving on a cruise), this was unacceptable to have to move rooms. I became fairly adamant about the reservation and magically the room we reserved was found.
It was a really spacious room with a king bed and sofa, desk, wall-mounted flat screen tv, high speed internet, and safe. The bathroom was adequate, There was a microwave and minifridge also in the room.
The room was dated and could have used some renovation. It was relatively clean, just some dust around the baseboard edges and a couple of carpet stains. The air conditioning was overworked in that it kept cycling on after only a couple of seconds off. Not sure what was happening there.
We didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. Amused that the coffee in the lobby was machine generated and not free. There was lemon ice water that was free, however.
The hotel has an IHOP adjacent to it for breakfast as well as a large coffee shop not quite a block away. Located across from the Hilton Hawaiian Village, it was convenient to get transportation for tours.
Overall, the hotel is a good value. The price was right and location convenient. Just make sure that you get the room you reserve. We felt that it was a real bait and switch routine.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night and would never return. The rooms were not very clean, there were stains on the carpet and the sink leaked on the floor everytime the water would be turned on. It felt like we were staying at a "seedy" hotel.....I would compare the quality to a motel 6. The rooms definitely have not been remodeled. We stayed at the Outrigger Ala Mohoana for the rest of our stay and I would highly recommend that hotel. Do not stay here......spend $20.00 more and you will be able to stay at a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
aquapalms, Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this review, July 5, 2010
Aloha!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for the deficiencies that you have noted. What you have described is certainly not our standard and I will be personally meeting with my department heads to discuss your comments to ensure that rooms are being inspected properly and all maintenance orders have been fulfilled prior to our valued guest’s arrival. We always appreciate the opportunity to correct any areas that may need attention immediately rather than later. We hope that you had a wonderful vacation nonetheless. Thank you for your visit with us.

Warm Regards,
Kahealani Doss
Hotel Manager
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

We flew into Honolulu and stayed for just a couple of nights en route to our final destination on the Big Island. I found an outstanding deal on our room at Aqua Palms & Spa so I jumped on it. We paid for the "partial city view", which is exactly what we got. If we were staying longer I'd definitely have looked into getting a better view. Check-in was quick & efficient and the staff was pretty nice. I sell mattresses for a living, so I always notice the bed quality immediately when we travel. After all, you want to be able to SLEEP well when you're on vacation! I have to say that they outfit their rooms with excellent quality beds! Comfort is relative (we were VERY comfortable), but the quality of the mattress cannot be debated. Of course we didn't stay very long, so we didn't check out all the amenities, but the location was great... a block off of Waikiki Beach, plenty of nearby dining & shopping, etc. The IHOP downstairs is grossly overpriced, so we recommend a small restaurant around the corner on Ena Rd. called "Due Divino". Excellent breakfast there! If you have time, check out the Hilton Vacation Village across the street; it's truly an eyeful!

Kapaa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Traveled to O'ahu for one night for a high school reunion. I booked the room for the night because of the location, the price, and the pillow top bed. I always stay at Aqua hotels because their staff is alway great and the prices are affordable. It was my first time at the Palms and Spa but definately not my last.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Been to Aqua Palms Waikiki? Share your experiences!