“I loved the Palms at Waikiki unit!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%!
Ranked #36 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
USA
“I loved the Palms at Waikiki unit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

I stayed for a week at the Palms at Waikiki unit that Eugenia offers. The room was very spacious, clean and bright. The bed was very comfortable and the kitchenette was really handy. It was great doing business with Eugenia as she replied to my calls fast. I strongly recommend her unit.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

1,407 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

Good value and clean - great location at West side of Waikiki Beach (near to Hilton resort), ask for a room at back of hotel, rather than on the road side. Free breakfast consists of fruit, muffins, fruit juice and coffee/tea - so nothing special. Very small swimming pool.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

I would highly recommend this hotel. Full of the Aloha spirit, the staff was friendly and helpful. The front desk staff (Nolan & company) were quick to lend a hand, and a smile. The concierge desk staffed by Malia and Roberto, were very helpful when it came to planning our excursions on the Island. They are full of advice and knowledge on all the fun things to do on Waikiki Bch. Located right across from the Hilton Hawaiian Village, it was a quick walk the beach. The pool on the second floor was clean and comfortable. The rooms - VERY comfortable bed and lots of comfy pillows. The housekeeping could of done better when cleaning up the kitchenette like area. The continental breakfast was good but I would recommend they provide milk for the kids and for those who don't do the coffee and tea thing. Next time I plan a trip to Oahu, I would definately plan my stay around the Aqua Palms & Spa. Mahalo.

• Stayed August 2009
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights post-cruise, and were delightfully surprised with the friendliness, helpfulness and terrific location of this hotel. Our rooms were large and well equipped (including a frig, safe, iron, etc). It was well decorated and the beds very comfy. The continental breakfast was small but adequate, and more than other hotels had, so we were happy. It is located within steps of an IHOP, which almost always had waiting lines, and the Wailana Coffee House, which had a vast array of very good food for an excellent price. And never any lines any time we saw it.

The Aqua Palms location could not be beat. It is directly across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village, which provides access to the beach through gorgeous grounds and a tourist shopping area. We used the parking garage ($20/day) to park our car, altho the bus is easily accessible. It really is very close to everything. We did not use any spa facilities We were there for sightseeing and relaxing on the beach.

The lobby staff was always very helpful and smiling, as was the housekeeping staff. In fact, the bell captain was concerned when he heard we made shuttle reservations with a certain company. He felt they were unreliable, and hovered about until he was sure we were taken care of.

All in all, we were very happy with this hotel and would stay again in a flash.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

Just spent a week and a half in Hawaii. The first two nights were at the Marriott Courtyard (formerly Wyland Waikiki) in Waikiki, the next week at the Marriott Waikoloa on the Big Island, and the final night here.
The room and lobby were nice, no complaints there, and the location wasn't bad. The hallway was outdated and the pool was awful -- large chunks of tile missing from the sides. The worst thing, to me, was the lack of a hospitality room or even a shower for guests who have checked out. In a beach town where people have long flights home, that is absolutely inexcusable. Who wants to get on a five, eight or 10-hour flight without showering after a day at the beach? And who wants to sit next to that person on the plane?
Frankly, I would choose the Wyland over this one.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
honolulu, hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

My husband and I enjoyed our stay it was a great get away we look forward to staying there again. We have both decided that we will not stay at any other hotel if it is not an Aqua owned hotel. The atmosphere makes you feel very much at home. Thank You Aqua Plams for making our stay most enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

I wouldn't know how to rate the Aqua Palms and Spa because I didn't get to stay there. I booked on March 3 at aquaresorts.com for our July 15-22, 2009 hotel stay. I confirmed my booking before we left, and everything was fine. When we got to the hotel, however, we were told that the hotel had overbooked, and even though they had four months to contact us, we never received a phone call or e-mail. We were told that they moved us to a much better location right on Waikiki Beach, and the Park Shore hotel. The only consolation was the paid cab right to the new hotel.
When we got to Park Shore, it was obviously not the same quality hotel. And when I talked to the front desk, they kept saying that the location was much better. I tried to explain that I booked for the continental breakfast, the flat screen tv, the in-room massage and the star rating, none of which Park Shore offered. If I had booked Park Shore in March, I only would have paid $84 a night, and when I told the front desk this, they said we had to pay the full $94 that we had agreed to for the Palms and Spa. I called other hotels that we had looked at, and of course the last minute rate was double what it would have been in March. So I'm out $10/night, the flat screen, my massage, and the cleanliness of the room. We did get somewhat of a breakfast out of them, though, because they gave us coupons for Starbucks which was one tall coffee and a choice between a banana nut muffin, a blueberry scone or a bagel. That is not the same as the continental breakfast.
We didn't even get to speak to a manger because he was in a meeting, so we left our cell phone number, and he called our home number, which we didn't get until we got home from vacation. We were tricked, and we were stuck on an island so we couldn't do anything about it.
My advice is, book with one of the major chains that are on the mainland as well. Hopefully then you could at least talk to a manager or someone who can help. Don't stay at any of the Aqua Resorts unless you want to pay more for a dirtier hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
aquapalms, Hotel Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this review, March 1, 2010
Aloha JZimCalifornia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We regret that unforeseen circumstances caused the need to relocate you upon arrival in July 2009. While it was never our intention have to move you to a sister property, we felt that the Park Shore Waikiki was a nice option as it is a comparable property within our boutique line. Additionally, you were to receive an upgraded room with a gorgeous view of the ocean as they are located right across from Waikiki Beach. I sincerely apologize if the room that you received at the Park Shore fell short of being the upgrade that we felt we were providing for the inconvenience.
I understand that you booked the Palms for very specific reasons and wish that we could have accommodated you here. We never wanted or expected you to feel that you were downgraded and regret that this was the end result. I can certainly understand your disappointment and would like to make it right. Should you want to give us another try, please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to ensure a great stay and renewed faith in the Aqua Palms & Spa.

Warm Regards,

Kahealani Doss
Hotel Manager
Aqua Palms & Spa
kdoss@aquaresorts.com

Been to Aqua Palms Waikiki? Share your experiences!