“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 83 Hotels in Honolulu
Santa Rosa, California
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Aqua Palms Waikiki because I had to attend a conference in Waikiki. The hotel was very comfortable, clean, and conveniently located. We walked everywhere! The staff was friendly and accommodating. My only negative comment is that there wasn't any wifi access in the rooms but none of the hotels in the area offered in room wifi. We had to go to the lobby to access the wifi. However, this hotel did have free internet access in the rooms. All other hotels in the area charge for internet access.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 10th floor and we had a great view. However, our room faced the street; which i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Aloha Andrade6264:

Mahalo for sharing your recent experience at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I'm pleased to say that we are currently working on installing wi-fi in all of our rooms and hope to be complete by the end of March.

All internet access will continue to be free to our hotel guests.

All of the staff and management hope you were able to take home fond memories of your stay in Waikiki and will afford us another opportunity to serve you!

Patty Maher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Korean first
Flora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had stayed at the Aqua Palms Waikiki Hotel in 2012 and on our return vist before and after going on a cruise in Jan. 2013 and Feb. 2013. Still Recommend this hotel as an excellent value. While the decor could stand to be updated, the rooms are very clean and comfortable and the beds are one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have experienced. The staff at the Palms are a real plus as everyone I meet who worked here truly had the "Aloha" spirit and were extremely helpful. The staff gives them a genuine plus over other hotels. From the registration desk to the house keeping staff they are what makes this hotel a very good choice. I recommend what they call the partial ocean view rooms on the upper floors. Hve stayed on the 9th, 10th & 11th floors.

The hotel is just across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village so it is a very easy walk to the beach. The Palms provides beach towels. It is also a trolly stop and very close to a stop for The Bus (Honolulu bus line).

Would most defintiely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha TJH:

Mahalo for writing a review regarding your recent stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki!

It is always a pleasure to see repeat guest! I'm delighted to hear that our team members treated you with the "True Aloha Spirit" for which we are known.

We hope you enjoyed your cruise and look forward to serving you again on a return trip.

Launceston, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here with two girlfriends for 3 nights. We booked a twin share room. We paid an extra amount per night in 'bedding expenses' for the third person. We assumed this meant we would get a roll out bed or cot for the third person. We were wrong. We had two good sized queen beds but two of us had to share. I was a bit miffed as it appeared we paid extra for nothing extra (apart from an extra towel). Only other gripe is that there is only wifi in the lobby - not the rooms.

Having said that though, I cant recommend the staff enough. They were great. Always cheery and happy to help. The rooms (even though small - especially the bathroom) were exceptionally clean. The hotel was a 10 minute walk to the Ala Moana shopping centre and the end of Waikiki beach. A few restaurants within walking distance, but probably best to catch a bus to get to the main Waikiki strip. Even though I was grumpy about the sleeping arrangements I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Aloha Saray86:

Mahalo for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

Rates for the rooms are based on double occupancy and there is an extra charge for a third person. I'm sorry that there wasn't three beds as you would have preferred but due to fire regulations a third bed isn't allowed and wouldn't fit.

Wi-fi access is coming to the rooms shortly. We are currently working on installation and hope to have this complete by the end of March.

I hope you enjoyed your girls vacation and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This Hotel offers outstanding service & value. By far & away at the lower end of the Waikiki market the owners are cleverly investing in the things that matter such as top service, superb cleanliness, and most importantly - excellent beds! The decor in the rooms & particularly the corridors is very dated however at the low tariff being charged by Waikiki standards you would expect nothing else. The bathrooms have been more than adequately renovated at some stage, AIRCON is ducted & works well albeit quite noisily & by European standards the rooms are a good size. Other reviewers have more than covered the very convenient locational aspects & I would concur with others in that if traffic noise is an issue for you -ask for a room on the city side. The Hotel is located on the Western or city side of Ala Moana Blvd - so the East facing Diamond Head view rooms face the street. I had a room on the top floor city side for 5 nights & it couldn't have been quieter apart from the inevitable sirens & occasional garbage truck! Unless you were specifically wanting to stay on the beach I would save my money & stay here!

Room Tip: City side high up
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Aloha Will C:

Mahalo for the great review!

Yes, I agree we are starting to show our age but we are in the middle of working on design concepts to upgrade the rooms, corridors and lobby and hope to have all complete by end of 2013.

Please come back and see the new look once done!

Fairfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Aqua Palms for 6 nights January 27 2013 to Febuary 2 2013. We had the partial ocean view room. I arrived to Aqua Palms with Friendly and helpful staff. My room was ready within minutes of my arrival. Prior to my stay I had asked the staff if they could possibly have champagne in my room for me and my significant other. When I arrived in my room I was so surprised to see a bottle of champagne two wine glasses, card and a box of chocolates. Although my GF probably almost freaked thinking I was going to propose or something :). Room was clean and our room was cleaned everyday right after we left for our outings. As stated in other reviews shower lighting is a bit dark, but I wasn't in Hawaii to spend my time in the shower. We were facing the street side it's busy and was a tad bit noisy but didn't bother us we slept with sliding glass door open ever night. Didn't bring our I pad so don't know about Internet. Pool was very clean and they had a BBQ grill at pool. That while looking out my balcony one day I saw the Aqua Palms staff light the grill up so the guest could Q up some steaks which you know us guys that like to Q that looked like a vacation it's self. The only thing that the Pool was missing was a Spa which would have been cool to relax in maybe a evening or two, and it wasn't fair looking across the way seeing guest at the Hilton village chill in the Hot tub lol. The gym was a bit small equipment could be updated but hey I'm a guy who like to lift weights so of course in going to complain about that. Great location you have tones of restaurants to choose from within walking distance. We didn't feel once we got there we didn't need to rent a car after all and right across the street you can rent cars, jeeps , scooters which is right next to KOBE steakhouse. You have I hop right next door to Hotel after that a Decent coffee and breakfast house around the corner from that a ABC store. On the other side of the hotel u have a chinese buffet and down the street from that u have some more restaurant. The trolley stops right in front of hotel the pink line you can ride for two bucks, which will take you to all the shopping u lady's can imagine. The beach is about a 7 to 10minute walk depending if u catch the crosswalk light at the right time. The city bus also stops at the hotel if you want to travel further or you can pretty much catch any Trolley in front of Hotel. Ok Hotel has no bells and whistles but a clean hotel is always good which the staff did meet. Would I stay here again certainly yes but if you have a High maintaince GF like myself probably not going to work out on our next visit. Don't let that scare you away because I would recommend this Hotel to Friends and Family. Well I think I covered almost everything, Thank you Aqua Palms for my Excellent Stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha Andre B:

What a nice detailed review. Not only of the hotel but the surrounding areas as well.

It is great to hear that you would stay with us again and we look forward to your return!

Minneapolis MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on price and reviews. We were staying for 5 nights for our wedding. Our stay was wonderful! Clean hotel, staff was amazing, close to Waikiki. There is an IHOP next door and the Wailana coffee house which you receive a 10% discount at. We did not have a lanai which was fine but other members of our party did which was decent size. All the rooms had a coffee maker, mini refrigerator and a microwave. In addition this is one of the few hotels that does not charge a resort fee which is an added bonus. We used the parking which was easily accessible and the charge per night was standard with Honolulu hotels. There was free wii fi in the lobby and the rooms offered free LAN access. Yes the rooms are basic but for the price and friendly staff you cannot go wrong. We will return to this hotel next time we come to Honolulu

Stayed January 2013
Aloha flyin4free:

Congratulations on your recent wedding!

I'm delighted to hear that you and family enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to serving you again on a return visit. Maybe your anniversary!

Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had normally previously stayed at the Prince; but rooms at a reasonable price not available this trip. Chose the Aqua Palms and what a surprise. Clean room; friendly staff; easy access to/from the main drag. More plusses-wired internet/newspaper/beach chair/towel/wireless internet in the lobby--all complementary. Fridge/microsoft/lcd tv/locking safe; Adjacent to Ihop and Wailana Coffee House; across the street from Hilton Village. Parking $20.00;

Room Tip: Balcony room;
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Aloha Ronald G:

WOW! What a nice review! I hope you enjoyed the ProBowl and your stay in Waikiki.

We look forward to serving you again on a return visit!