“Value plus” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Sydney, Australia
“Value plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This Hotel offers outstanding service & value. By far & away at the lower end of the Waikiki market the owners are cleverly investing in the things that matter such as top service, superb cleanliness, and most importantly - excellent beds! The decor in the rooms & particularly the corridors is very dated however at the low tariff being charged by Waikiki standards you would expect nothing else. The bathrooms have been more than adequately renovated at some stage, AIRCON is ducted & works well albeit quite noisily & by European standards the rooms are a good size. Other reviewers have more than covered the very convenient locational aspects & I would concur with others in that if traffic noise is an issue for you -ask for a room on the city side. The Hotel is located on the Western or city side of Ala Moana Blvd - so the East facing Diamond Head view rooms face the street. I had a room on the top floor city side for 5 nights & it couldn't have been quieter apart from the inevitable sirens & occasional garbage truck! Unless you were specifically wanting to stay on the beach I would save my money & stay here!

Room Tip: City side high up
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Aloha Will C:

Mahalo for the great review!

Yes, I agree we are starting to show our age but we are in the middle of working on design concepts to upgrade the rooms, corridors and lobby and hope to have all complete by end of 2013.

Please come back and see the new look once done!

1,405 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Korean first
Fairfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Aqua Palms for 6 nights January 27 2013 to Febuary 2 2013. We had the partial ocean view room. I arrived to Aqua Palms with Friendly and helpful staff. My room was ready within minutes of my arrival. Prior to my stay I had asked the staff if they could possibly have champagne in my room for me and my significant other. When I arrived in my room I was so surprised to see a bottle of champagne two wine glasses, card and a box of chocolates. Although my GF probably almost freaked thinking I was going to propose or something :). Room was clean and our room was cleaned everyday right after we left for our outings. As stated in other reviews shower lighting is a bit dark, but I wasn't in Hawaii to spend my time in the shower. We were facing the street side it's busy and was a tad bit noisy but didn't bother us we slept with sliding glass door open ever night. Didn't bring our I pad so don't know about Internet. Pool was very clean and they had a BBQ grill at pool. That while looking out my balcony one day I saw the Aqua Palms staff light the grill up so the guest could Q up some steaks which you know us guys that like to Q that looked like a vacation it's self. The only thing that the Pool was missing was a Spa which would have been cool to relax in maybe a evening or two, and it wasn't fair looking across the way seeing guest at the Hilton village chill in the Hot tub lol. The gym was a bit small equipment could be updated but hey I'm a guy who like to lift weights so of course in going to complain about that. Great location you have tones of restaurants to choose from within walking distance. We didn't feel once we got there we didn't need to rent a car after all and right across the street you can rent cars, jeeps , scooters which is right next to KOBE steakhouse. You have I hop right next door to Hotel after that a Decent coffee and breakfast house around the corner from that a ABC store. On the other side of the hotel u have a chinese buffet and down the street from that u have some more restaurant. The trolley stops right in front of hotel the pink line you can ride for two bucks, which will take you to all the shopping u lady's can imagine. The beach is about a 7 to 10minute walk depending if u catch the crosswalk light at the right time. The city bus also stops at the hotel if you want to travel further or you can pretty much catch any Trolley in front of Hotel. Ok Hotel has no bells and whistles but a clean hotel is always good which the staff did meet. Would I stay here again certainly yes but if you have a High maintaince GF like myself probably not going to work out on our next visit. Don't let that scare you away because I would recommend this Hotel to Friends and Family. Well I think I covered almost everything, Thank you Aqua Palms for my Excellent Stay

Aloha Andre B:

What a nice detailed review. Not only of the hotel but the surrounding areas as well.

It is great to hear that you would stay with us again and we look forward to your return!

Minneapolis MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on price and reviews. We were staying for 5 nights for our wedding. Our stay was wonderful! Clean hotel, staff was amazing, close to Waikiki. There is an IHOP next door and the Wailana coffee house which you receive a 10% discount at. We did not have a lanai which was fine but other members of our party did which was decent size. All the rooms had a coffee maker, mini refrigerator and a microwave. In addition this is one of the few hotels that does not charge a resort fee which is an added bonus. We used the parking which was easily accessible and the charge per night was standard with Honolulu hotels. There was free wii fi in the lobby and the rooms offered free LAN access. Yes the rooms are basic but for the price and friendly staff you cannot go wrong. We will return to this hotel next time we come to Honolulu

Stayed January 2013
Aloha flyin4free:

Congratulations on your recent wedding!

I'm delighted to hear that you and family enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to serving you again on a return visit. Maybe your anniversary!

Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had normally previously stayed at the Prince; but rooms at a reasonable price not available this trip. Chose the Aqua Palms and what a surprise. Clean room; friendly staff; easy access to/from the main drag. More plusses-wired internet/newspaper/beach chair/towel/wireless internet in the lobby--all complementary. Fridge/microsoft/lcd tv/locking safe; Adjacent to Ihop and Wailana Coffee House; across the street from Hilton Village. Parking $20.00;

Room Tip: Balcony room;
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Aloha Ronald G:

WOW! What a nice review! I hope you enjoyed the ProBowl and your stay in Waikiki.

We look forward to serving you again on a return visit!

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at the Aqua Palms Waikiki during the Pro Bowl week for 6 nights on the 6th floor. We had a king size room which was awesome. Our bed was huge and the room was the perfect size. Not to mention the bed was extremely comfortable and clean. Our entire room was clean from top to bottom surely cleaner then I expected. The shower was small but the water was hot I did not want to get out the shower. The overall bathroom was small but it was clean and that made me happy. Our housekeeper brought us nice clean white towels everyday even though we hung our old ones. Oh and the shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and lotion wow undescribeable they smelled so lovely like paradise. The location of this hotel is just perfect. If this hotel had free parking and free breakfast I would give it an A plus plus. But I understand this is Waikiki.

Aloha Monica A:

Mahalo for such a nice review!

Something must be happening with our bath amenities since we have received so many comments lately!

All of the staff and management are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you on a return visit!

Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family stayed here three nights during the holidays before going to the North Shore. We found it clean and well worth the value. If you want to open your wallet wide for a luxury hotel you should stay across the street at the Hilton Village, but if you want a value hotel with fantastic hospitality and a staff that treats you like you are in a luxury hotel then this is your place. It is close to trolley and bus stops, mall, harbor, and the beach. The room was not overly spacious but it had a mini kitchen and was comfortable. We didn't spend much time inside anyway and mainly just slept here. They have complimentary towels and beach chairs to borrow, parking and on site restaurant. We will definitely stay in an Aqua property again, clearly they are doing something right here to make people feel good and want to come back.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Diamond Head View with balcony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Aloha Karen E:

Mahalo for sharing your recent experience at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I'm delighted to hear that you were treated with the true aloha spirit for which we are known!

All of the staff and management hope you and your family took home fond memories of your stay in Hawaii and we look forward to serving you again.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at the Aqua Palms.
We had visited Hawaii on our honeymoon in 1980 and finally were able to get back - so it was a second honeymoon.
In addition to the many comforts - towels, beach chairs, great beds, proximitiy to the beach, great location for everything, very clean rooms and public areas, free beautiful apples every day, lemon ice water in the lobby - the staff is outstanding. We told them about our special occasion and by the time we got into our beautiful room with a gorgeous view of water and mountains, the staff had organized champagne and chocolates which arrived about 2 minutes after we did! The pool was squeaky clean and tiled, nice fitness room, and did I mention great staff!
Yes, it is a bit noisy from the street, but if you really don't like that, you can ask for a room on the mountain side. In short, we just couldn't have asked for a better place to start our special vacation. Mahalo Aqua Palms!

Room Tip: Rooms on the mountain side are quieter, high floors have an excellent view, even when partial of cit...
Aloha deeroc4:

How exciting to be able to return to Hawaii after so many years! I bet the changes were unbelieveable.

I'm delighted to hear that we were able to provide you great service and special amenities during your stay. Our staff is one of our biggest assets.

We all hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Patty Maher

Been to Aqua Palms Waikiki? Share your experiences!