I arrived to the Aqua Palms for business after a mini vacation on Kailua Beach. I was on a business budget and chose the AP because of reviews and cost. I wasn't expecting the Hilton (where I stayed the last two years) and knew that it wouldn't have the amenities of a full resort.
I was pleasantly surprised to hear I was given a room on the penthouse floor. I was even more pleased that from the balcony I could see the ocean and Diamond Head. It wasn't a suite and it wasn't fancy, it showed some wear, but it was very clean, was exactly where I wanted to be in Waikiki, had a comfortable bed, a mini kitchen nook, and again had a great view.
Around 8:00 p.m. I heard a jackhammer and saw a construction crew right below my window on Ala Moana. I called the front desk to see if they knew how long it might last since my body was on a 5 hour time difference. He called me back to say that it was going to last for 2 1/2 more hours. Yikes! I shared my concern about getting to sleep and he called back asking if it would be ok to move me to another room on the back side on the same floor. Since I had already spent 4 days in Kailua Beach, I wasn't concerned about a view. To my surprise, I was upgraded to a very nice 3 room suite with a full stainless steel kitchen that had granite counters. The living room had a comfy leather couch and I had a separate bedroom designed in darker woods. I slept like a baby in the soft, yet supportive bed. I appreciated having free internet and a safe to lock up laptop and purse. I asked for a late check-out on my third day and was given it.
The woman who cleaned my room was accommodating to some of my particular requests. The front desk staff and concierge were friendly and helpful. The staff more than met my needs and for that I am thankful. I you are on a budget, this is the place to choose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Palms Waikiki is a boutique hotel located 1 block to the beach and across from the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This hotel is a short stroll to Ala Moana Shopping Center and in close proximity to the Hawaii Convention Center. During your stay, you'll enjoy guestroom comforts like Aqua BLISS pillow top beds, 42-inch LCD TV's, a mini-refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffeemaker. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Palms Waikiki allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll enjoy the fitness center, pool and sundeck with a barbeque grill, and coffee and water service in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Aqua Palms Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Hotel
- Aqua Palms Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Spa Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu