“Much better than Expected” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%!
Ranked #35 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Much better than Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Sold blind to us by a European travel agent, some of the online reviews we found were less than complimentary and we were a tad concerned what would be waiting for us after a 22 hour journey. As soon as we arrived, tired and not a little crabby after flying 7500 miles, our hearts lifted and stayed pretty much aloft for the whole week we were there!

The whole experience at Aqua Palms was brilliant. It was spotless and kept that way by an attentive staff, each of whom we encountered was courteous and helpful to a fault. Our room was on the 8th floor with a city view and we were only disappointed in that we didn't have a 'proper' balcony on which to sit. Our bed was out of this world and the bedding wonderful and changed regularly during our stay and a nice array of shampoos, conditioner, body lotion etc. was replaced daily.

Downside? Observations rather than complaints: the three lifts were hard pressed to cope at peak times, the lobby and public seating area is so much smaller than the webside leads you to believe and a bar would have been a welcome feature. Nitpicking? The toilet roll quality was poor - I would take my own next time and the archaic in-room ethernet internet links came as a great shock! Even in relative backwaters like Greece and Turkey we have enjoyed wi-fi but here it was only availble in the lobby. A bit of a pain.

Overall? Take me back tomorrow. The plus points outweigh the negatives in a big way!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Aloha MikeP55:

Mahalo for sharing your recent stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki. It is great to see that we exceed your expectations!

Your points regarding the internet are well taken. Rest assured we are in the process of increasing our bandwidth on our hardwire internet service in the rooms and hope to have wi-fi available in the rooms by year end. As mentioned, we do offer complimentary wi-fi in the lobby.

All of the staff and management hope you were able to take home fond memories of your stay in Waikiki and in particular at the Aqua Palms and will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

With Warmes Aloha,

1,412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Korean first
New Castle, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here with my family for a week and it was the best vacation ever. Close to everything and service was great! Though the rooms were small it had everything in it that made it feel cozy. And though it may be crazy to say this the towels, and bedding were the best point. They smelled like I had just washed them in Tide and folded them myself. My family laughed at me but it (the towels and blankets) calmed me down and I was able to enjoy my vacation away from home with no worries. Thank you so much Aqua Palms for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Aloha Cindy O:

WOW, best vacation ever!

I'm delighted to hear that we felt like home! That is one of the feelings we strive for when serving our guests. I'm glad to hear that our linens and terries were fresh and smelled like Tide and that was able to calm you down for your vacation.

We look forward to serving you again at your home away from home!

Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I booked into this hotel for one night after an RC Cruise from Vancouver, Sept 25/12.
We arrvied early, 10AM. Check in is 3PM but they booked us in and stored you luggage and delivered it to our room when we came back. about 6PM.

We had a midnight flight for Vancouver the following day. We couldn't extend our room check out time as the Hotel was completly booked.

We were very concerned about staying outside in the 88F temps and flying out wearing the same hot sweatie clothes on the plane until 9AM the next day.

They gave us access to a shower room and new towels so we could freshen up for our return home. They even stored our luggage, again even though we had checked out, ALL AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.

I highly recommend this hotel, right in the middle of Waikiki.

Room Tip: Very large rooms, king size bed.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha David L:

Treated like Royalty, that says alot!

I'm delighted to see that we were able to accommodate with storing your bags and offering you a place to shower and change before your flight home.

I only hope that your next visit you will be able to stay with us for longer than just one night!

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

HAWAII
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I am a resident of Hawai'i and stay at Aqua Palms whenever I'm on Oahu. I've been staying at this property for over 5 years and will not stay at any other hotel for various reasons. 1. Aqua gives the best rates 2. it's safe 3. it's convenient 4. it's clean. I'm so used to this property and plan my trips around the hotel's availability. I've also stayed here when recovering from surgeries and the housekeepers especially delia sp? have been extremely accomodating. Hotel is quiet, easy to access and easy to get in and out of Waikiki. All the staff are great, and I can't thank Erik enough for all of his assistance. They truly know how to treat return guest. The only concern I do have at this moment is their parking pass situation. I do not like their new parking pass system and hope they come up with a better solution. My advice would be to go back to the colored paper, and not only include the dates but the license plate number.

Room Tip: don't travel when I'm there so I can get a room...lol lower floors are better due to the fac...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Aloha I_LUV_TRAVELLIN:

A many time repeat vistor, that is awesome!

It is great to hear that we are your property of choice when in Oahu. I'm delighted to hear that both Erik in reservations and Delia in housekeeping have been helpful and accommodating.

I appreciate your feedback about our parking pass system and we will take your comments into consideration was we evaluate the system moving forward.

Please be sure to stop in and say "Aloha" the next time you are visting!

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I can only say that this was the best service I ever experienced! From Ryan at the Front Desk to Lester at Bell Services, the team at Aqua Palms was the most genuinely friendly I ever met! My room, though a little small, was comfortable and very clean (I'm the kind of traveler who carries a flashlight and takes the bed apart to check!) But the outstanding support in the lobby - they offer complimentary coffee and lemon water as well as apples, a cozy sitting group and tables large enough for a business meeting - was outstanding! Ryan, you made my life a lot better with your assistance! Mahalo to everyone for the wonderful time, your kindness and true caring. The location is great! Lots of restaurants and the beach just minutes away. I will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Aloha Marionrr:

WOW, the best service ever! That is quite a statement and one I am very proud to hear.

It is great to see that both Ryan at the front desk and Lester in the bell department were helpful and friendly during your stay.

Please be sure to contact me directly for your return visit and we will be sure to take excellent care of you!

Montgomery
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

What a great hotel! We could not afford to stay at a Hilton, and for the price it was wonderful. We stayed 10 memory filled days. We took the Reilly right outside the door every day, there was easy access to the beach and it was a very nice neighborhood. All the staff was friendly and helpful I would stay again if I had the opportunity

• Stayed July 2012
Aloha G A:

Great value, easy access and friendly staff are just a few of our many selling points!

Mahalo for sharing your recent 10 day stay with us.

It will be a pleasure to serve you again on your return visit!

Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

i missed my fight schedule, so i try to visited in real Honolulu and just stay one night. my friend help me to choose this hotel, a city view room. i like the staff on the counter were very kindly to me and the room's key is very Hawaii style with coconut picture. of course, the rooms also is 100% Hawaii style. rooms is really quiet and the hotel is very convenient , there is ATM machines in the lobby and ABC shop nearby ( walk for 3 mins only)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Aloha Mavis7012:

I'm sorry to hear that missed your flight schedule but delighted that your friend referred you to stay with us!

We are happy that you enjoyed our Hawaii style!

Please come stay with us again when you have a little more time to enjoy our beautiful island and property.

Patty Maher

Been to Aqua Palms Waikiki? Share your experiences!