Sold blind to us by a European travel agent, some of the online reviews we found were less than complimentary and we were a tad concerned what would be waiting for us after a 22 hour journey. As soon as we arrived, tired and not a little crabby after flying 7500 miles, our hearts lifted and stayed pretty much aloft for the whole week we were there!
The whole experience at Aqua Palms was brilliant. It was spotless and kept that way by an attentive staff, each of whom we encountered was courteous and helpful to a fault. Our room was on the 8th floor with a city view and we were only disappointed in that we didn't have a 'proper' balcony on which to sit. Our bed was out of this world and the bedding wonderful and changed regularly during our stay and a nice array of shampoos, conditioner, body lotion etc. was replaced daily.
Downside? Observations rather than complaints: the three lifts were hard pressed to cope at peak times, the lobby and public seating area is so much smaller than the webside leads you to believe and a bar would have been a welcome feature. Nitpicking? The toilet roll quality was poor - I would take my own next time and the archaic in-room ethernet internet links came as a great shock! Even in relative backwaters like Greece and Turkey we have enjoyed wi-fi but here it was only availble in the lobby. A bit of a pain.
Overall? Take me back tomorrow. The plus points outweigh the negatives in a big way!
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hotel
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Hotel
- Aqua Palms Spa
- Aqua Palms Honolulu
- Aqua Palms
- Aqua Palms Spa Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Palms Waikiki is a boutique hotel located 1 block to the beach and across the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This hotel is a short stroll to Ala Moana Shopping Center and the Hawaii Convention Center and offers the following FREE amenities: free WiFi Internet, lobby, Aqua BLISS pillow top beds, 42-inch LCD TV’s, daily local newspaper, local & toll free calls, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. The fitness center and a barbeque grill are located poolside as well as a business center in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Aqua Hospitality , Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Aqua Palms Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.