I booked this hotel off of a discount website and got a good price compared to other hotels in the area so I wasn’t expecting any frills.
Location: The hotel is located across from the Hilton Hawaiian Village and a short walk to the beach and to the main drag. There are trolley stands out front for those who rather not walk.
Service: The service here was excellent. Those that work at the front desk where friendly and helpful. The had someone at the concierge desk during most hours to help with booking tours.
Room: The room was small but fine. You could tell that the hotel is old. They are slowly doing renovations to update it. The room we had, had a new TV, new counter in the Bathroom, new microwave and fridge. The Bathroom was small, the tub was old and warn and the furniture around the room was old. The bed was comfortable though. One thing I really disliked was the water in the room. To get cold water (yes, cold) you would have to let it run for minutes. AC worked well, though I read complaints about its noise, I did not really find it any noisier than any other hotel AC unit
Other: They hotel had a pool which was on the roof of the 2nd floor (I believe) which was clean and had some sun chairs, but it is very small and the sun was blocked by hotels for most of the day.
There is a ‘fitness’ room which was just a small hotel room with a few cardio machines (old) and some free weights.
The parking garage is tight and cost $20 a night.
In a nut shell
Location was fine
Elevators where slooooooow
Small fitness room and gym
There was regular in room Internet, but Wi-Fi was only available in the lobby (free at least)
All in all it was an ok stay. For the price we paid it was perfectly fine but I probably would pay a little extra to get a different hotel next time.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hotel
- Aqua Palms Hotel
- Aqua Palms Spa
- Aqua Palms Honolulu
- Aqua Palms
- Aqua Palms Spa Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Palms Waikiki is a boutique hotel located 1 block to the beach and across the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This hotel is a short stroll to Ala Moana Shopping Center and the Hawaii Convention Center and offers the following FREE amenities: free WiFi Internet, lobby, Aqua BLISS pillow top beds, 42-inch LCD TV’s, daily local newspaper, local & toll free calls, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. The fitness center and a barbeque grill are located poolside as well as a business center in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Aqua Palms Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.