“Delicious Ramen” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #222 of 1,940 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cambridge, Canada
“Delicious Ramen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Each time we have passed the Santouka Ramen Restaurant in the plaza by Don Quijote’s supermarket between 11 and 1, it has been lined up out the door. Today, we decided to venture there closer to 2PM once the noon rush had subsided. Great idea – no crowd and yummy food.
The menu is limited to mostly various ramen dishes. I ordered the Miso Ramen and thoroughly enjoyed the flavours. My husband ordered the Saimini Ramen, a spicier bowl. Both bowls contained all fresh ingredients including delicious freshly made ramen noodles. A must try if you want Ramen in Waikiki/Honolulu area...

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

honolulu
“great, tasty ramen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I finally got a chance to try this new restaurant. I have been hearing about it for about a month now and was in the area doing some christmas shopping. We got here a little early so we decided to do more shopping in Don Quijote. We arrived back at the restaurant at about 10:45 am, wrote our name on the sign in clipboard, we were the second party on the list. They opened promptly at 11:00 and we went inside. The restaurant is quite small with about 25 or 30 seats. We sat at the bar and were handed 2 menus and glasses of water. We were able to watch the chefs in action. They are serious about ramen here. We ordered two large the spicy ramen with pork cheek specials which apparantly is a limited item and I hear they run out of quickly. We also had gyoza, 3 tamago and vegetables as sides. Our order appeared very quickly. Everything was delicious. The broth is tasty and full of flavor. The noodles are cooked perfectly. The pork cheeks were so tender and I can see why they run out of it. It was awesome. The restaurant was full by 11:15 and there was already people waiting outside. After finishing my meal I was savoring the broth and trying to drink every last bit of it with my spoon. I was tempted to pick up the bowl and just drink it straight up but refrained myself. It was that good! I would highly recommend this restaurant for great ramen but beware of the long line. Another note is that they only take cash. This place is great and worth the wait time. I'm already wanting to go back and I know I will soon.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu
“Terrific Ramen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

One of my favorite Ramen. Broth is tasty and rich. Pork topping is very tender. Be prepared to wait to get seated. Got there at 11:15 am and waited 50 minutes to get a table. Our tab for 3 came out to $35. Limited menu. Cash only.

• Visited November 2013