“waikiki resort hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 83 Hotels in Honolulu
australia
“waikiki resort hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed here for two nights in June. The hotel is in a great location, one block back from the beach The room appeared clean, but rather dated. The rates were reasonable. Hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HtlManager, General Manager at Waikiki Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Last renovated in 2008, we acknowledge the need for a fresh guest room facelift. Having said that, we are pleased with recent upgrades to our lobby and guest room beds and have near-term plans for upgrading our bathroom and guest room carpeting. Glad you found value in our location, reasonable rates, and friendly service which we hope, with further improvements in the foreseeable future, prompts you to choose us again on your return trip to Hawaii.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Korean first
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

an excellent value at waikiki. just one block off waikiki beach, great location,clean hotel, great service for a reasonable rate. under ground parking was convenient and plentiful. has a gift shop with snacks and food options. great family hotel

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HtlManager, General Manager at Waikiki Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Mahalo for making Waikiki Resort Hotel your choice of stay on your most recent visit to beautiful Waikiki and for sharing your experience with others. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found great value in our location and friendly staff. Great photo of Waikiki beach from your room. Looking forward to your return visit. Again Mahalo and Aloha.
Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I just had the pleasure of spending a 5 day layover at the Waikiki Resort Hotel at Waikiki Beach Hawaii.

We booked this motel because of the great reviews on Trip Adviser and we were not disappointed. We booked an ocean view room and were given a beautiful room on the 18th floor with great views of the ocean. We could lie in bed and watch the surfers riding the waves and the boats cruising past.

The position of the Hotel is ideal for a Waikiki visit, it could not be more central to the best area of Waikiki. We were able to walk to the best restaurants and attractions and my wife was able to catch a local bus into the shopping center at Ala Moana for $2.50 return.

The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly and our room was maintained very well.

Waikiki Resort Hotel will now be our go to accommodation when we visit Hawaii.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors for the best views and quietness.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We are delighted that your stay validated the favorable reviews that you read on TripAdvisor. Glad you had an ocean view room that enabled you the enjoy the wonderful ambiance of Waikiki. Looking forward to hosting once again on your return trip to beautiful Hawaii. A hui hou (until we meet again).
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here for two nights with my wife during 2014 Memorial Day weekend. The hotel is at the southern end of the Waikiki area and just minutes away from the beach. The rates are quite affordable and won't break your budget. (There are no resort fees charged on top of Hawaii's taxes, so that's a plus) The room we got was well-maintained and we had no problems with it either. Nothing super fancy, but had all the basics were included.

Wifi is only at the lobby, as you have to pay extra to get it in your room. I can see how this might be inconvenient for some, but it didn't bother me. You also need to pay for parking at the hotel (which hotel doesn't in Waikiki?) but you're really close to the Zoo and Aquarium area that you can manage to find free overnight parking there if you are okay with walking 10 minutes or so. It's a nice comfortable walk along the beach in the evening anyways, so why not enjoy it?

There are two restaurants at the hotel, which we did not eat at. Given that the hotel is owned by Koreans, it's not surprising that one of the restaurants was a Korean BBQ at a very competitive price.

So the bottom line is, if you're looking for a true resort getaway in Waikiki, this might not be your place. For those who want to spend more on the things to do while in Honolulu other than the room you're sleeping in, I'd recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
In line with the hotel's 3 star rating, this is a "no frills" property. However given our location, quality accommodations, friendly service, and reasonable rates, and knowing what neighboring hotels charge, our repeat guests continue to tell us of their appreciation for the value they are getting for the money spent. We're delighted you saw the same value and certainly appreciate your review.
Please come back again. Again mahalo.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My three friends and I spent 6 days at the Waikiki Resort. I am a planner.. so I spent a lot of time reviewing and I must say the pictures had me feeling like ehhhh...not enthused. But once we checked in a was totally removing my foot from my mouth!

Like I said, there were three of us in a double room. The hotel put in a cot, right in the middle. The cot was more comfortable than my mattress at home! Sure it made the room a little tighter, but that was the least of our worries! The room was extremely clean and tidy. Standard and clean bathroom. Tight shower. Nothing to complain about!

The only thing that I really didnt like about the room was that balcony door that took way too much strength to open, but THE VIEW MADE UP FOR IT!! We were in room 617. Amazing!

Lobby was beautiful and open. Free wifi downstairs. Sushi bar isnt really that good but its ok for a late night snack and karaoke.

Pool is very nice and usually empty since the beach is less than a block away. Perfect for a little getaway or just a mid day relaxation laying out.

Guests were somewhat quiet. Lots of asian tourist moving about in the morning that were kind of noisy but nothing to complain about.

Really, I cant think of anything bad about this hotel. Dave at the front desk was really cool!
Our trip was 6 days through priceline and our rate was GREAT! I WILL be coming back and staying!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views. Fllor 6 and above. Ask to face the north or west.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
We're happy that you and your friends were happy to have stayed with us and that your vacation turned out to be "amazing." Dave was gratified to read of your review and he sends his "aloha and mahalo." Please give him a call should your travel plans bring you once again to beautiful Waikiki. Again mahalo.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We have stayed a several other hotels in Waikiki but chose this one for the price and closeness to the beach and shops. Yes we weren't right on the beach but as we were travelling as a family of 5, the options become limited. We booked two rooms with an interconnecting door and we were happy with the beds, space and rooms. The only negative I have would be how to operate the bath and shower. There were no clear instructions so we had to contact the front desk to find out. We didn't use the restaurants so can't comment on them. This hotel has a laundry in the basement which we used almost everyday as we had young kids and never had any problems with it being too busy. We had a car and parked in the basement but if it was too full, parked in the outside lot. I have recommended this hotel to other people as for price, room size and location, I can't fault it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We regret that the shower fixtures were unfriendly to operate but glad everything else turned out favorable for you and your family. Yes, we are not on the beach but we are close enough without having to pay the steep prices that go with beachfront accommodations. Thank you for giving us the thumbs up which we hope inspires more to try us out. Mahalo and Aloha.
Hsinchu, Taiwan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for four nights on June, 2014. I ordered three nights from the airline package and one night by myself. Because of different types of booked rooms, I had to check out after the first night and re-check in for another three nights. I accepted this. When I walked into the room that I ordered (mini suite room no. 1801), it exists bad smell in that room. I also found a live cockroach in the sink and sticky beer ink on the floor of the balcony. Because the room is located beside the elevators, you can hear the sounds of elevators operation in the mid-night. Besides, the toliet was out of order in the morning. It can not be flushed out and the water was out of the toliet. I can not believe it happens in the hotel. I responsed to the front desk clerk when I checked out. She didn't give me any feedback and just call the housekeeping to fix it. Even I moved to the other room (standard room) for next three nights, the cleanliness of the bacolny is still terrible. I had to leave message to ask housekeeping to clean. I'm very dissapointed with the cleanliness and service of this hotel.

---
我在2014年六月的時候,選擇這家飯店住宿四晚。其中三晚是航空公司的機加酒方案,另一晚則是自己訂購的。因為訂購房型的不同,所以必須住一晚之後先check out,然後再check in一次。關於這點我們可以接受,畢竟是房型不同的緣故。只是當我們進到第一晚所訂購的房間(mini suite Rm 1801),房間內充斥著舊房間的霉味,之後我們在房間內的流理台上發現一隻活的小蟑螂,陽台的地板上還有空酒瓶蓋以及黏黏的啤酒殘留物。位於電梯旁的位置,深夜都還可以持續聽到電梯運轉的聲音。更誇張的是,第二天早上當我在使用廁所的時候,馬桶竟然塞住,不能將穢物充出去,水還甚至溢出來馬桶 。實在是無法相信會發生這種事。當我們check out時,將此狀況反應給櫃台的服務人員,人員沒有給我們什麼回應,只是打電話給清潔人員前去查看。我們對這家飯店的清潔程度以及人員服務的素質非常的失望,即使之後我們換到一般的標準房型居住,陽台的地板也是一樣的非常髒,必須要留字條給清潔人員才會主動清理。我認為這算是一家位置相當好,且相當有資歷的飯店,有這樣的狀況與服務是令人無法忍受的。

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Given our emphasis in room cleanliness and guest service, it is regretful and disappointing that we fell short of your expectations and that of ours and certainly apologize for any inconvenience. Rest assured that your experience is in no way representative of our standards and you deserved better. Would love to have you back again should your plans include a return trip to Hawaii in hopes of redeeming your faith in our product and services.