“Great location - everything we needed” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book 2015 NOW & SAVE!
Ranked #37 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Vancouver, Canada
“Great location - everything we needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I staying here at the end of October 2013. We were originally thinking of staying on the beach at an outrigger or the banyan, but I'm really glad that we decided to stay here. We had an ocean view room and it was great to sit on the lanai in the morning with our coffee and look out at the ocean. The money that we saved on our hotel meant that we could rent beach chairs on the beach ($30 to $40 per day for 2 chairs and an umbrella depending on who you rent from)- a 2 minute walk from the hotel. The beach chairs were well worth the cost.

The rooms were fine - nothing special, but basic and what I was looking for definitely. The hotel was very clean and we had no complaints there. You get what you pay for in this hotel - and you are for sure paying for location. I would stay here again if I had the same budget that I was travelling with. The location was superb and the staff was great.

Get the breakfast at the outdoor restaurant at the hotel across the street - super delicious and very cheap! Also, there was a farmers market just down the block from the hotel at a little outdoor mall that we went to which was a great place to get fresh fruit!

Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Splurge for the ocean view. It's definitely worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Korean first
Thornton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have just returned from a two week stay at this Hotel. I travelled with my husband and six year old daughter. We opted for a corner room to give us slightly more space and also a microwave. Bed was very comfortable and there was a sofa bed for my child. We had a good size bathroom with a bath although on the small side. There is a guest laundry in the basement which was very handy. Staff were friendly, complimentary breakfast was a bonus (although after two weeks it was a bit boring).

Room Tip: Go for a corner room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Hi we stayed here while we were in Waikiki both before & after our cruise and loved it. Our rooms were big clean & had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable. Only seconds from the beach & main shopping streets we were able to walk to and from everything. The staff were friendly and always smiling, June on the reception counter was so helpful and smiling everytime we had a question. We will be back for sure and will definatly stay here again :) thanks for an amazing holiday stay (Maryanne ) Anna & Scott Duncan

• Stayed March 2014
Dover, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Best hawaii trip ever. My only regret was not being able to spend more time inside the hotel room. Getting such an awesome ocean view is a rare opportunity. The staff were supppper friendly. I never leave comments about a trip but I completely forgot to leave a tip in my room which is why I am leaving a feedback. It's the least I can do. I usually judge a hotel by its bed and bathroom. They were both very clean. The bed was so comfortable. I love the white sheets. They cleaned my room everyday. Hotels usually don't have a window in the bathroom but this hotel did!!! The fresh air flowing through, cleans sheets, the ocean view... I couldn't have asked for more. Oh, and here's a bonus. Location! Shopping and restaurants are right down the block. All walking distance! Even the beach is across the street. Definitely would recommend!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We headed to Hawaii from the UK in November 2013. I contacted the hotel before we went and asked if we could be given a cheeky upgrade on a room. When we turned up the had given us one on the Penthouse floor. Made our trip that bit extra special. We booked all of our trips from the Expedia rep down in reception. Im sure we could have got better prices elsewhere however couldn't be bothered with the hassle. We were on holiday. Hotel is a 2 min walk to the beach and the shops and restaurants in the evening. Rooms were decent staff were always friendly. Oahu is an incredible place. Cant wait to return one day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Came on a staycation in Waikiki . . . played tourist and found this really great deal of a hotel. It's quiet cause its not on one of the main streets, but is soooo close to the beach. I got to walk around a lot and shop and see everything which I don't usually get to do.

The staff are really nice and treat you like family. Everyone is soooo helpful! The room cleaners do a really good job and when I asked, they even helped me get a room upgrade!!!!

Gotta try their Korean Restaurant, I think its call Seoul Jun. Really good food! I like the spicy pork and squid dishes. They even give you this thing called rice punch which is a sweet cinnamon tasting drink at the end of your meal. I really liked that.

The breakfast buffet was really good, I think it was a good price for Waikiki. It was all you can eat and the staff there are really nice and funny!

Parking was typical Waikiki, but still way cheaper than any other hotel.

The front desk was able to answer all my questions and were really nice.

I would totally recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Okinawa, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel and got my friends to meet me up. They had to pay for parking fee which is fine. But what we found interesting is that. When u pay to the front desk They keep the money and they don't give u receipt at all. Then we found out it's how it is. That's how front desk people make extra money. They issue you a tag but will never give u receipt. It's ridiculous! Not only Rooms are filthy, Staff are moody. Only when I & my girlfriends without our guy friends that is when the front desk are friendly. Flirting and even telling us if they can come up to our room. Exchanging numbers & email address like oh my god. Just because they work at the front desk they think they can get between our legs. Those Filipino guys & Korean guy really are something! I mean seriously? The Management of this hotel just let the staff do all this things? What kind of Reputation you want us to give you for your Review then? " A hotel where if your a girl, front desk staff will flirt, sleep with you if you let them " or " A hotel to where staff are free to steal money from guess " .

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Waikiki Resort? Share your experiences!