“Overpriced yet popular” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Zippys Restaurant Kapahulu

Zippys Restaurant Kapahulu
601 Kapahulu Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis)
(808) 973-0880
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Overpriced yet popular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Zippys has been a mainstay of local culture since wll beofre I was even in HIgh School. It is open 24 hours thus great for late night stops. The one thing that always got me was the small portions and relatively high prices for the drive-in side. Nevertheless most of the food is good if you have local tastes. Zippys Kapahulu has lots of free parking.

Visited December 2011

Falls Church, Virginia
“Excellent local food and prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Zippy's is Hawaii's version of Dennys with a local twist. The food and prices are excellent. This is where the locals eat. Their chili is a popular local staple, espcially when combined with the hot dog--"chili frank plate." The "Zip Pack" is a local version of the Japanese bento box. Lots of food!

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Good quality Hawaiian fast food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

I had avoided this place because the menu looked so unhealthy that I figured it didn't taste great. However, when I failed to locate my intended restaurant, I stopped in at Zippy's for breakfast around 630. The place had a lot of locals, mostly men off to work. I ordered the sweet bread french toast and my fiance got the Zippy's omelet. It took a while for our food, which I assumed was poor service. However, our food came out piping hot and was delicious. The omelet had onions, sausage, spam, cheese, peppers, tomatoes and MORE cheese. My fiance loved it. My french toast was so good I didn't even use any syrup.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Chili!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

Chili!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Zippy's, Zippy's, Zippy's.........I got tired of hearing about them. Food nothing to write home about. Not my style.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008