“Great food, long wait, cash only” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bogart's Cafe & Espresso Bar

Bogart's Cafe & Espresso Bar
3045 Monsarrat Ave Ste 3, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis)
(808) 739-0999
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
San Antonio, Texas
“Great food, long wait, cash only”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Bogart's is one of the most popular breakfast and brunch locations in Honolulu. Over all the menu is extensive and includes bagels which can be hard to find in Honolulu, the food is excellent, and the price is fair. I wouldn't call this place a "deal" but given the popularity, they could certainly gouge the customers by a lot more. Also given the popularity, there is almost ALWAYS a super long wait to order, followed by a long wait for the food. You're best off if one person waits in line to order the food, while your friend scouts for a table as they open up -- or just call in an order "to go." The other thing to remember is they ONLY accept cash, which I think is another downer. (No points for plane tickets!) Over all I recommend trying Bogart's at least once for the food! But if all you're craving is the freshest bagel in town, and you have a car, I'd scope out one of my other restaurant reviews...

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Houston, Texas
“Fried rice for breakfast away from Waikiki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was a really neat restaurant, and we had breakfast here. Not very large, but they serve very good food. My son ordered fried rice for breakfast, which was really a treat for him. Well worth leaving the Waikiki strip to have breakfast.

Visited July 2013
St. Louis, MO
“Yummy but not sure it's worth the wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I went to Bogart's twice during my stay. They have an awesome menu so I felt compelled to go back to try something new. Lots of options and fresh ingredients. As good as it was I'm not sure it was worth the wait. This place is clearly very popular with locals and tourists and it's SMALL. This means you will wait 30+ minutes for your food and may not have anywhere to sit.

Laguna Beach, California
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

After hiking Diamond Head we stopped at Bogarts for breakfast. Nothing fancy but a good vibe of locals mixed with a sprinkle of visitors. The line was long to place your order and the seating area a bit warm (due to the constant walk-in traffic). The menu is quite extensive. Everything from the chicken to the egg! Tables are tight, but folks are friendly and don't linger after their meals knowing others are waiting to be seated.
Two omelettes, a special salad, chicken sandwich and 4 beverages = just over $75
We are on vacation so would consider this a splurge. You won't be disappointed.

Cary, North Carolina
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were here a few years ago. LIked it so much we came back again and brought our friends.
My wife and I had omelets. She had a veggie and I had mostly veggie but added ham.

Seating can be challenging. We were lucky enough to get a table just after we ordered. The place seems to be frequented by local with a few tourists like us thrown in. Most people don't linger when there is a crowd but some will so get a table as soon as you walk in if there's a crowd. Outside is nice if you can get it and the weather is good. We stopped in before heading over to Kailua to do some kayaking. Don't forget to bring cash because that's all they accept.

• 5 of 5 stars