“Best Thai food on Oahu at unbeatable prices.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,018 of 1,987 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Thai
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Best Thai food on Oahu at unbeatable prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We have been eating at this family favorite for many years. It's 5 mins from home, and we
always know we are getting the best flavors because Carol, the owner, grows her own
herbs. We make it a point to take our out of town friends there. Great food at great prices!
When we are short of time, we order and pick up to take with us. That's how much we love
Carol's cooking.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dayton, Ohio, USA
“Great food; reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Good variety; tasty; great Thai at decent price. Convenient location. Had a wonderful time here. Would eat here again.

Visited September 2013
Centennial, Colorado
“Hidden Thai gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Awesome fresh an flavorful authentic Thai food tucked away in a little corner of a neighborhood just up the street from Sandy Beach

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Best Thai I ever ate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

To start this review I need to backtrack to 3 days ago. My family and I went to this Thai festival in kapiolani park. This was a rare thing as this does not happen often I'm told. We were looking for down home authentic Thai cooking. After perusing the food tents and vendors we purchased a few dishes to sample. All were average to good. Then I spotted this whole fried fish (snapper I think). Well I had to try it. OMG. My family and I were licking the bones it was sooooo good. I went back to get another and all the fish was sold out. While talking to the vendor, her name was carol, she said to come to her restaurant in Hawaii Kai and she would be glad to make me more. Well, we just went to Thai valley. I can't even put into writing what a wonderful experience it was. Even my 7 year old son raved about it. Carol does all the cooking, prepping and shopping herself. It is all fresh and made with love. All of the seafood we ordered was cooked PERFECTLY. The balance of seasonings, spice and flavor was beyond any Thai food I have ever ate. Carols cooking experience and techniques are a true art form. I did not see or taste any MSG, fillers or heavy oils or fats. So not only does her food give the umami effect it is on the healthier side if thai food. The atmosphere and decor could match any 5 star white tablecloth restaurant. Did i mention that the place was spotless clean, including the bathrooms and kitchen (carol showed me around). So lastly we got the bill. I was floored at the value we received. For 5 diners, 2 appetizers, 4 entrees and soft drinks, the check was only $72. This meal was well worth over $100+. Thai valley is now a regular spot for me and my family. WHAT A GEM.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Thai Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Out of the way in Kalama Valley beyond Hawaii Kai. This is my number one Thai restaurant with darling decor and excellent food. Love the fish with Penang curry.

Visited November 2012