“I love the diniguan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bautista's Filipino Kitchen

Bautista's Filipino Kitchen
2330 Kalakaua Ave Unit 118, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
(808) 923-7220
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Kaneohe, Hawaii
“I love the diniguan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Bautista's at the Pearlridge Mall is one of my family's favorite places to eat Filipino food when we are in the Pearl Harbor area. I like it with sari sari, banana and vegetable lumpia, and chicken/papaya soup. Usually, it takes both my wife and me to devour one plate because of the huge servings, and the prdices are very,very reasonable

Visited August 2011

46% Recommend
Geelong, Australia
“My Favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed in Honolulu for 10 days and I had lunch or dinner here probably 10 times. I haven't had Filipino food for years but the woman here sure knows her recipes well! Authentic taste!

Visited July 2012
Savannah, Georgia
“I thought it was great, husband thought it was so-so.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Located inside the International Market in what appears to be the 'food court' area. This was my very first experience with Filipino food, and I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I love trying new cuisines, so I was anxious. It all looked and smelled so good! Hubby had many Filipino friends from his military days, so he was quite familiar with the cuisine. We ordered the chicken kabobs plate that came with rice and noodles. The kabobs were a bit dry (mine had a bit more sauce than his), so we recommend asking for more sauce for the chicken. The food is plentiful, but the service is extremely slow. When there was a line, others in front of us would chat and chat with the ladies behind the counter as if they were long-lost friends, while the rest of us impatiently waited for our turn. Then when they made our plate, they would verify our order several times while slowly putting the order together. This isn't a big deal unless you're really hungry! Just know, this isn't really fast-food, even though much if it is already prepared in advance. So, if you're hungry, just be prepared that they may be a bit slow. Again, I thought it was great, but hubby that has had authentic home-made Filipino food found it to be just so-so. For that, we rated it as average. Regardless, there are many other joints in the International Market to choose from!

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Victoria BC
“Inside the International Market - GREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Tonnes of choices and a great value. I got a huge plate of rice, meat kabobs and giant prawns (faces still attached :)

Food court in everyway but total great food and awesome value.

Visited December 2011
Chicago, IL
“Ok food, but rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I was looking forward to some filipino food in Waikiki. The day after we arrived from Chicago, we decided to go to The International Market to look for some pinoy food. So we found this place, and was so disappointed. We expected some warm and welcoming service from our fellow pinoy, but instead got the opposite. We ordered some food and asked for an extra styrofoam plate, and the server/owner said, "There is nothing free here." so she charged us for it. She didn't even smile, and thank us for the patronage. She also charged us a "to go" box. My mom couldn't help but chastize her for her rudeness and unfriendliness. We won't be back, but will try the chinese food next door.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere