“Great Crab Legs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oceanarium Restaurant

Oceanarium Restaurant
2490 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-3240 (Waikiki)
808-922-1233
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Oceanarium Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #514 of 1,940 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Liliuokalani Avenue
Description: Where dining is an adventure.At Pacific Beach Hotel's Ilima award-winning Oceanarium Restaurant, the flavors are as amazing as the views. Indulge in mouth-watering crab legs, tender prime rib of beef, fresh Island sashimi and sushi. Plus a nightly pasta and dessert station complemented with nightly specials – all alongside incredible views of nearly 400 fish from more than 70 different species of marine life. Nowhere else on the island will you find a dining experience quite like this.
Sacramento, California
“Great Crab Legs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Expensive but loved the crab legs so I think that I got my money's worth. The kids loved the aquarium. They got a kick out of seeing somebody swimming in the tank with a happy birthday sign for one of the celebrants that's eating in the restaurant.

Visited April 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“Worst meal of our trip!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have no idea how this restaurant has so many good reviews. I trusted these reviews and made a reservation for Father's Day which also happened to be my husband's birthday. This restaurant was so bad that my daughter and I didn't even eat much of the food because I was afraid that we would get food poisoning. The sushi, which should be cold, was warm. The soup, which should be hot, was cold. The other diners would horde the crab legs the minute they came out, piling their plates with far more than they could really eat. I'm sure this was to justify the outrageous cost of the meal. The restaurant is in the downstairs of an older hotel. It has no view except for a large aquarium filled with cloudy water, a few fish, and an occasional "mermaid" (i.e., bored woman dressed in a bikini top and a fake tail). The overall feel of the restaurant is old, dingy, and in need of an update. From reading the other reviews, I often wonder if we were at a different restaurant because I can't imagine anyone giving this place a 4 or 5 star review. If you do choose to go here despite my scathing review, do not dress up. Not even in a cute sundress. You will feel out of place. Most people had tank tops, shorts, and flip flops. Definitely not fine dining though, for the price, you could eat somewhere much nicer. $50 per person plus drinks. Ridiculous.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hawaii
“As usual, we really enjoyed our Easter brunch buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have been here many times over the years and continue to do so because we love the selection and we enjoy watching the marine life swim about as we dine!

We had Easter brunch here so it was a bit pricy. I had to call to let them know we would be about 15 minutes late and they said it was fine, they'd hold our table. Got there about 20 or so minutes late but got seated right next to the tank, great! They did inform us that we had till 1 p.m., which gave us just over an our and a half which was plenty of time.

I always put a pretty decent dent in the stack of Dungeness crab! Hot and with drawn butter, they are fairly easy (for me at least) to crack open without the provided tools. It's nice that they have tools at the table with extra plates to put all the empty shells on. The seafood pasta was really tasty, I went back for it twice which I normally don't do with starches! For dessert I always enjoy their bread pudding with lots of sauce! Yum! The bacon was tasty but as most places, a bit greasy.

Our server was good about clearing the dishes quickly and refilling our glasses. Everyone was friendly and we'll continue to revisit on occasion!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Kansas
“Not really worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

very expensive (45 bucks for a buffet dinner!!) and not that great. The main attraction here is the Aquarium (which was very cool, especially to my 7 year old cousin) and the crab legs. My family member who loves crab legs got his money worth of food... not sure that I did. I'm glad we went because my cousin LOVED it, but I wouldn't go back. My advice: go there just to check it out, maybe grab a drink at the bar and call it good.

Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Good seafood buffet while watching mermaid swiming and diver feeding fishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Good seafood selection and variety. Hot Alaskan King crabs and fresh sashimi were so delicious, the prime roast beef was so tender... We went in early to catch the Mermaid swimming and diver feeding fishes at 5pm. By 5:30pm-6pm, people started coming in and the kitchen staff kept bringing out more, never shortage...

• Visited March 2013