“Can't beat the view, and the food & service were excellent! Highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gazebo Restaurant

Gazebo Restaurant
1032 Fort St Mall, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96813-5601 (Downtown Honolulu)
(808) 945-5130
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,186 of 1,913 restaurants in Honolulu
Neighborhood: Downtown Honolulu
Neighborhood: Downtown Honolulu
Olympia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2007

I read in previous reviews that many people didnt like the wait. Well, the wait is what you make of it. How can you complain about seeing whales, and other sea creatures while waiting for a delicious breakfast?

I guess I dont understand the HURRY HURRY mentality when you are on vacation. Slow down and take a look around :)

I have heard many good reviews about this restaurant and my family (children 5 & 8) decided to try it out the last day on Maui. We arrived on a Wednesday around 0930 and the wait was 20 minutes long. Not bad at all. While waiting we watched a whale breach repeatedly about 400 yards from the beach.

I took the kids down to the tide pools formed inside the lava rock on the beach below the restaurant. This kept them occupied and made for some amazing pictures! They really enjoyed looking at all of the sealife in the tide pools.

We were seated by a very friendly waitress. In fact, every employee there was friendly and accomodating.

They had a good choice of food AND a kids menu. The waitress also gave my kids "wicki stix" (a fun toy to play with and keep) while waiting for the food to arrive.

My kids ordered the Mickey Mouse Pancakes and loved them. My hubby had pancakes and I had an omlette. Everything was tasty and in good sized portions. They kept the coffee and drinks refilled, without being asked.

The prices were reasonable and less expensive than several other restaurants in Maui that we tried out.

I would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who is patient enough to stand in line for a little while. Worth the wait!

% Recommend