“Visit to the original Roy's” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #136 of 1,946 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
“Visit to the original Roy's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

It is nice to drive out of Wakiki and see Hawaii Kai and Koko Head. The original Roy's is located with a fantastic ocean view. The canoe teams were racing back and forth the whole time while the sun set. The food was great-crab cakes, ribs, shrimp appetizers were delicious. The course menu was very worthwhile as it included appetizer, main course and dessert. All the entrees were fantastic-macadamia crusted fish, scallops, and shrimp and grits. the chocolate lava cake was really wonderful, a two way split for sure. The macadamia tart was great too. This is a great special occasion restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Great food, excellent service and fantastic music at the flagship Roy's!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was in town visiting my husband who is here on business, and he wanted to take me out for a nice meal. We immediately thought of Roy's since we'd had such fantastic meals at two of his other locations; Tampa and Las Vegas/Summerlin. I was still suffering from East Coast jet lag and a cold, so it wasn't my best night to go out for dinner; I think I almost fell asleep at the table! We didn't have reservations so ended up at one of their high-top tables which they set aside for those who don't plan ahead. It happened to be by the bar/rear door, but after 10 minutes or so, we asked if they had room out on the patio, which they did. They kindly moved us and we were able to enjoy the evening breeze and the fantastic live music. I had the Hibachi Style Grilled Salmon which was very good and my husband tried the swordfish. He thought it was very bland and wouldn't order it again. We finished our meal with the utterly delicous Melting Hot Chocolate Soufflé. Service was excellent as always and my water glass was never empty.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great food, good value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went to Roy's to celebrate a birthday. The service was fast and friendly. The view at sunset was terrific. Food was exceptional. We ordered from the 3 course fixed menu. The appetizer sampler course, of shrimp, spring roll, and rib, was enough for dinner. Then I had the braised short ribs which were fantastic. She had the mac nut crusted white fish, which was also great. The molten chocolate cake hit the spot, but the mac nut tart was just okay.

I would definitely visit again, or bring an out of town guest. Fantastic!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Special evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Ate at Roy's for the first time while on vacation at Waikiki. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Meal was the top 5 I have ever had. We shared the sample appetizers including shrimp sticks, braised ribs, and crab cakes - delicious! I had the mango scallops and my husband had the beef. Both were superb. We shared the pineapple upside down cake which they make for you. It was divine. We spent 114.00 without alcohol. It was fantastic and we will return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Honolulu
“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This Roy's has to be the best on the island do not except any substitutes . I really like this place good atmosphere and really good food. Great place to bring date and the price point it not bad considering quality and ambiance that the restaurant provides.

Visited January 2013