“You get what you pay for” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #128 of 1,940 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Dover
“You get what you pay for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Service was prompt and attentive. Table overlooking the ocean. Food was excellent. Only downside is it is pricey but I knew this going in and was ok because I knew my wife really wanted to try this place. If you are looking for an upscale place to eat this would be a great pick.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Another favourite !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A family must, every visit! Dinner, either upstairs in the elegant open kitchen dining room, or downstairs - either on the lanai or In the bar, is not to be missed! Also a do not miss is the Miso Butterfish (black cod) - Roy's does an amazingly "Ono" version! And the desserts are ALL good!

Visited September 2012
SF Bay Area
“Great Place to Start My Oahu Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My cousins brought me here on the first day of my visit. This was the original Roy's which is now all over Hawaii and several other states. The cuisine is Hawaii-Fusion. About half of the menu is common to all the chain, and about half features the local food and style of the chef. Nice concept! Although it was January, we were able to sit outside and enjoy the patio and view of the ocean. The menu is extensive and I was tempted to get the Prix Fixe menu with paired wines. But I am a sucker for Macadamian Nut crusted Mahimahi, and Roy's rendition with a lobster sauce was heavenly.

I'm looking forward to trying to trying the Roy's in San Francisco, near where I live. The food and beverages were fantastic.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Honolulu, Hawaii
“top dining spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants. Food and service are always excellent. Reservations recommended, but if you don't mind taking a chance, sit outside and listen to live entertainment.

Visited December 2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were in Hawaii with friends and they said we needed to go to Roy's in Hawaii Kai. They made reservations and we awaited the event. It is important to make reservations because they are very busy in the evening.
The dinner was excellent. We had a wide selection of sushi, salads, and entrees. All were excellent.
The atmosphere was great and service wonderful. I had been wanting to have sushi and the two rolls I had for dinner were excellent.
Great evening!