“Have to do it once” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rainbow Lanai

Rainbow Lanai
2005 Kalia Rd, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
(808) 949-4321
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Long Island
“Have to do it once”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Expensive at $27 per but we did it our first day. The first table they took us to was almost in the kitchen but the hostess had no problem switching us to a beautiful table for 2 outside steps aways from the beach. Now it was perfect!! I'd say you are paying for the location as the food is good standard breakfast buffet...good but not something you'll remember for the rest of your life. Honestly, it was a much better view and about the same quality as the breakfast buffet we had at the Hilton in St Augustine Florida and it was $3 cheaper in Hawaii!

Visited January 2014

“Obnoxiously Overpriced!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

It's a nice buffet. If it was priced at $18 I'd give it a much better rating. But at $29 it's a horrible waste of money. If money doesn't matter to you then it's a convenient choice for guest at the hotel.

I've had expensive buffets in Vegas that were well worth the money, this one is not. Our breakfast with tip for 4 was $140. Which was only $8 cheaper than the best meal we had on our trip, a very good dinner at Dukes.

Again, the food is ok but I just couldn't get past the price for what we ate. I got much better hash browns across the street at the coffee house for a meal that was less than $10 each.

Visited January 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

It seems the restaurants at this Resort were just blahhhhh. Our dinner was over $100 and it was uneventfull. The fish special was overcooked and flavor-less. Nothing to write home about. We opted to dine off the resort property from then on.

Visited December 2013
Long Island City, New York
“Breakfast buffett....it was kinda just ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant for breakfast on the last day of our stay. The dining area is very pretty; tall ceilings, open air. Many tables border a small stream that are teeming with koi. Two ducks have made the area their home and will swim by your table giving you a quack as they go by.

The service was very good. The waiter was attentive and very quick to refill ice water and coffee as well as clear plates and provide new sets of silverware.

The buffett itself is not the greatest. There was cereal with milk, a somewhat messy diy waffle station (think batter everywhere and sticky syrup ladels), bagles, breads, fresh fruit, puddings, oatmeals, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and homefries. In addition to this standard american fare there are also quite a few stranger asian choices which aren't terrible if you happen to feel brave. The food is solidly ok. Not awful, but not great.

The issue I really had was a by-product of what made me really love the place. It was the birds. Because it is open air the birds find their way in and are EVERYWHERE. Some were on the aggressive side and would fly directly into you if you don't move out of the way, others are more docile but will still fly up on your table and walk with their filthy bird feet (and sometimes poop) all over your table and silverware. Make sure you avoid the big white birds and if you happen to have to leave the table for a moment....get new silverware.

North Hills
“Good but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

First off, I received excellent service. Second, the Creamy Corn Chowder was as good as I've ever tasted. Third, and most important, the prime rib of beef was very fatty with hardly any taste. In retrospect, I probably should have asked for another cut, but I didn't. I'd say the ratio was 50-50 fat to edible beef. I was quite disappointed considering the bill was almost 60 bucks.

• Visited November 2013