“Great eatery on the water. Good food, good prices!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great eatery on the water. Good food, good prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

The menu is so big it'll be sure to have something to please everyone. My favorite is their ceviche! YUMMY! Also, be brave, try their fried ice cream dessert. I know, sounds weird, but just try it, it's really excellent!

Visited April 2011

Dayton, Ohio
“Affordable and yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

Our waitress was awesome - gave us knowledgeable answers when asked about vegetarian menu items and let us know happy hour was almost over so we could get a drink order in at the reduced rate. This sits right on the marina in Hawaii Kai. We saw the waitress go onto the patio and pick fresh mint from a window box for mojitos. The food was great and you have to save room for a slice of lilikoi pie, which is made from passion fruit that the restraunt owner grows on her farm in Waimanalo.

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu
“Great atmosphere, great menu selection, fresh and yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

We have been going to Cha Cha Cha in Hawaii Kai for years, and will keep going back. I would not describe the fare as Mexican, but similar to the tex mex you would find at Chevys on the mainland (but fresher and more local feeling). You can count on fresh made tortilla chips and a selection of salsas and hot sauces. I love the pineaple salsa. I like to order the veggie quesadilla, the veggie taco salad, the huevos rancheros, the tamale pie, I could go on. You can't beat the atmosphere on the water. We usually go for lunch, but they do have music some nights. The margaritas are very good- lighter tasting, not too sweet like most others. We will keep going back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu
“Good drinks, good service, BAD food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I have now tried CHa Cha Cha's for the forth and final time. Beings that I love mexican food and cha cha cha's is right down the road I keep hoping to like this place or to find something on the menu I like, but no such luck. My wife and I ordered 3 entree this last visit with hopes we'd fins something worth while. We ordered (tacos, burito and chimichanga). I asked if the shreaded beef or chicken had onions in it. I was told they did not. I ordered the burito and chimichanga with NO onions. I oredered one of the 2 tacos with out the tomato. Got all the food quickly. Onions on everything and tomato on both tacos. When I brought this to the attention of the server he went and talked to his boss (cook or something). He comes back and tells me that they can't do anything about it, because the onions are cooked with the meat. (I asked very specifically about this earlier and was told the opposite!). The server was attentive, but they should know what is in their food. Have some idea of how it is cooked/prepared. The food itself was quite bland, and we ended up leaving and going next door (Shack) for a burger. After 4 visits, I feel we have given this place a fair shot and we will not be back. The patio is nice, the chips and salsa are good. The food IS NOT!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, Virginia
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

we loved eating here --we were staying with family localy and ending up here eating and drinking many nights while in town ---food is great, the deck area is awesome----reccomend if you are close to it

• 4 of 5 stars Food