“Not a Mexican food fan, but this restaurant is very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Torito's Mexican Food

Torito's Mexican Food
2919 Kapiolani Blvd, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96826 (Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis)
(808) 735-7991
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,021 of 1,939 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Not a Mexican food fan, but this restaurant is very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm not a fan of Mexican food like my wife but I'll say that Toritos in Market City is one of the best Mexican food restaurants I've eaten at in Honolulu. Their service is very fast and the guys working are fun and competent.

I tried their "Crazy Burrito" based on the recommendation of one of the servers and it was awesome. I also enjoyed a standard margarita which was discounted and that also hit the spot.

I'm not a Mexican food expert, but I really liked Torito's for their taste, service, and cocktails. Give them a try I'm sure you'll find the restaurant very satisfying...an A- in my book.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Disappointing experience.
I am trying to check out all local Mexican restaurants and this one was not far from where I was shopping today. I went there around 1 PM (on Sunday) and the place was rather empty – 2 people at the bar and few people at 3 dining tables. I looked at the menu and was surprised at the prices (see the picture). I ordered pork tacos a la carte to go. It came with a side sauce. While ordering, I asked for yellow corn tortillas but was told they only had white corn tortillas. When I checked the order at home, tacos were with flour tortillas. The side sauce was disappointing – I believe it was not made at the restaurant (something I am used to), but rather “from a can” – not fresh or tasty. Pork in the tacos was also disappointing. Overall, not a good experience for $10. You decide if 2 disappointing tacos with questionable sauce is expensive or cheap for $10 when it is a la carte and to-go. The bar has variety of drafts, anywhere from 4 to 5 bucks a pint – that may be a better option to go there for a beer, but then again – look at the prices of their appetizers… I wrote about Serge’s Mexican Kitchen earlier – as far as food is concerned, Serge’s is far better than Torito’s. The search for good Mexican food on Oahu continues…

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
honolulu
“Never Dissapointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

I have only eaten at their McCully location (there is another one in Market City), and the service and food is FANTASTIC. The prices are very reasonable and they have the best Risotto in the Island!!! Also,I have had the same server each time and he is very attentive. When my family and friends want to eat Italian, we always head out to Banana Leaf.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kapaa, HI
“Avoid this restaurant!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

Extremely poor service! Six in party. Server forgot to place one order or lost it! Lots of excuses! Then brings incorrect order! Insists it's correct order! More excuses! Just a terrible place to dine at! Best to avoid this place!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
honolulu, HI
“Too Much Playing Around Not Enough Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2008

The food was OK, but over priced. The margarita was good, but not worth $7.50! The problem is with the staff, too much playing around while we waited for our burned Mexican pizza. Salsa was good, but they charge you $1 if you want more chips.